Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Missile support, Cohesion loss due to rout and Mntd vs ft
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Auteur Message
stenicplus
Frondeur

MessagePosté le: Mar Déc 01, 2015 12:23 am    Sujet du message: Missile support, Cohesion loss due to rout and Mntd vs ft Répondre en citant
Enjoying the game and have 3 questions that came up in recent games please:

1. Does the physical Missile Support base count for being within reach when being charged from the rear or flank for example? I know for movement it can be 'removed' to fit but say my opponent's Hvy Sword are behind my Hvy Sword with support and just within 2UD measuring to the Missile Support base, can they charge or should they measure to the Hvy Sword and so are out of range?

2. A unit directly behind a routing unit and within 1UD suffers a cohesion loss, does this still apply if there are intervening
a) enemy
b) friends
c) general stand
d) terrain

3) If mounted hit foot in a terrain feature, but the edge they hit is outside the feature and the mounted do not enter the feature do they both count as in the feature? We figured yes based upon the rules but wanted to check.

Thanks in advance
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
JohnTheBoring
Auxiliaire

MessagePosté le: Mar Déc 01, 2015 10:47 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
1) If you have missile support you have the base there so yes it counts for being in range.

On the rare occasions it is removed to allow the unit to fit I think a gentlemanly wargamer might assume it still occupies any partial space left - your HI with support turning in a 1UD gap is deeper with the support LI, but there is a gap without. Any comment from the rules writers?

2) The rules just say any behind within 1UD. Nothing about intervening. In fact they mention a cascade. e.g. a column of LI with the second -1 cohesion, and the first one dies killing the second and putting down the third which then dies because of the second, and so on down the entire column!

3) If the front edge of the foot sticks out of the terrain only it is affected. The rules say if a unit is standing on the edge of the terrain both are affected. So I think no.
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mar Déc 01, 2015 5:43 pm    Sujet du message: Re: Missile support, Cohesion loss due to rout and Mntd vs f Répondre en citant
stenicplus a écrit:

1. Does the physical Missile Support base count for being within reach when being charged from the rear or flank for example?

Great question. My reading has always been except for WarWagons no unit has a depth greater than 1 UD. Pages 7-8. And since the specific missile support allows units to not have the base. I would not penalize a player for making things pretty.

Citation:
2. A unit directly behind a routing unit and within 1UD suffers a cohesion loss, does this still apply if there are intervening

Nothing blocks this.

Citation:
3) If mounted hit foot in a terrain feature, but the edge they hit is outside the feature and the mounted do not enter the feature do they both count as in the feature? We figured yes based upon the rules but wanted to check.

The question is how far out is that front? If the front is on the edge of the terrain then both are in. But if the front is outside, then I think its outside. Look at the diagram page 54 titled "conforming and terrain". Clearly B is not in terrain.
stenicplus
Frondeur

MessagePosté le: Mer Déc 02, 2015 8:18 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Thanks all, much appreciated.

Steve

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: