Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Dismounting ambushers
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Auteur Message
KevinD
Légat

MessagePosté le: Ven Sep 22, 2023 4:40 am    Sujet du message: Dismounting ambushers Répondre en citant
Ambushers must be deployed as a single group. Groups may not consist of both mounted (other than elephants) and foot (other than LI).

1. If you have a group of mounted, who are permitted by the rules or their list to dismount, is it allowed to dismount just some of them? (Or maybe only some are allowed to dismount.) That is do they have to form a valid group before dismounting or after dismounting?

2. Suppose that you have a unit which is permitted to dismount. Can it be included in a an ambush with other (non-LI) foot, or because they don’t dismount until placed on the table was it not a valid group prior to this (i.e., when being assigned to the ambush) and thus it is not permitted?
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
madaxeman
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Ven Sep 22, 2023 12:37 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Are these ambushers African or European …?
Mark G Fry
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Ven Sep 22, 2023 1:14 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
KevinD a écrit:
Ambushers must be deployed as a single group. Groups may not consist of both mounted (other than elephants) and foot (other than LI).

1. If you have a group of mounted, who are permitted by the rules or their list to dismount, is it allowed to dismount just some of them? (Or maybe only some are allowed to dismount.) That is do they have to form a valid group before dismounting or after dismounting?

2. Suppose that you have a unit which is permitted to dismount. Can it be included in a an ambush with other (non-LI) foot, or because they don’t dismount until placed on the table was it not a valid group prior to this (i.e., when being assigned to the ambush) and thus it is not permitted?

Surely the way to look at this is actually what is represented on the table when the Ambush is triggered or revealed.
As the rules on ambushes are actually very clear - in that you cannot have a group that is not allowed (& that should include Camels and Horse as well - I would suggest) - therefore any mounted units in an ambush with (non-LF) Foot units must already be dismounted to be part of that group, or they are an illegal ambush. So they must be deployed dismounted when the ambush is triggered or revealed.
That's my logic anyway Shocked
KevinD
Légat

MessagePosté le: Ven Sep 22, 2023 6:07 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Thanks, Mark.

That was sort of my intuition, but I wanted to check that I’m doing it right.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: