Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Celtiberians at War in the age of Mithradates
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Battle reports
Auteur Message
madaxeman
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Lun Fév 20, 2023 10:47 am    Sujet du message: Celtiberians at War in the age of Mithradates Répondre en citant
At the end of 2021 a Lockdown-painted Ancient Spanish army had mixed (OK, hardly any) success at the Brixham Classic, so a year and a bit later I attempted to rehabilitate them in a different incarnation for the Oxford round of the Southern League one day ADLG Tournament circuit.

This time they were playing in a theme of armies valid in the reign of Mithradates of Pontus, a 15mm period
The army I used in Brixham had relied on Sertorius and his Roman turncoat legions, but this one was a more traditional crazy warband version with Heavy Infantry Celtiberians (a part played by these guys pictured in one of the photos on this post) and an ally of Lusitanians for rough terrain.

The cavalry contingent in this version was however purely nominal, relying on the punch of the infantry to carry the day, Even so, the Burning Cart of DOOOOM made a welcome reappearance anyway.

At the event the Celtiberian Spanish were drawn against Mithradates himself, the Ptolemies of Egypt and finally the Chinese steppe nomads of the Xiong Nu, all of which are covered in 3 mercifully short video reports in which I attempt to talk you through what exactly went right, and what also went wrong with this somewhat flawed plan!

You can watch the reports on my website, or link from there to the Madaxeman YouTube Channel - each one is about 15 minutes long.

Link here: https://www.madaxeman.com/reports/Oxford_2023_1.php
KevinD
Légat

MessagePosté le: Mer Fév 22, 2023 1:45 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
These were great, Tim. Thanks for posting and I hope to see more!

Interesting to consider if any list tweaks would have made them more viable vs Ptolemaic.

I thought the idea of keeping the burning cart in reserve and counterpunching with it was novel (to me at least) and intriguing - seems much more effective than leading off with it and getting it mobbed by enemy Skirmishers.

Did you get your money’s worth from the Javelinmen or might they have been better as more LI/LC and (if available) more upgrades to your infantry mobs?

Would it have been better to gamble with some included generals to give your Warbands more punch?
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Battle reports
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: