Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
More Flank March, Ambush and Deployment queries
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Auteur Message
Mark G Fry
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Jeu Jan 19, 2023 10:09 am    Sujet du message: More Flank March, Ambush and Deployment queries Répondre en citant
Apologies if these have been answered previously:

1) when deploying Corps' - is it acceptable to 'deploy' a Corps that is all in Ambush or on a Flank March as your 1st Corps.
So in effect you are not putting any units on the table?
Or must these types of Corps be your either your 2nd & 3rd (if you have both an Ambush & a Flank March) or your 3rd Corps (if either an Ambush or a Flank March)?

2) how does a Flank March interact with Ambush markers. For example: if there is an Ambush marker, in a Village at 4 UDs of the table edge that a flank march comes onto the table on, so it is not with 4UDs of the table edge, so does not have to flee. Does that marker still exert its influence on troops in the flank march? e.g. they must stop 1 UD away from the Ambush marker.

3) Page 79 states that you cannot flank march on a side with an Impassable river on it. However, if there is a road crossing the Impassable river (creating a bridge or ford) can there be a flank march on that side? (as the river is now passable via the road?)

Many thanks
Mark
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
KevinD
Légat

MessagePosté le: Jeu Jan 19, 2023 1:22 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
1. I thought corps which did not have any units on the table had to go last, but now that I think about it m not sure if this is actually a rule…

2. If it doesn’t have to flee it would behave normally and must be revealed, stops marches, etc. according to the normal rules.

3. I think you could because it is not then “blocked†by an impassable river.
Mark G Fry
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Jeu Jan 19, 2023 3:04 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Those were the answers I had come to as well Kevin. Thank you.
But I just wanted confirmation that I was on the right track.

I have historically played a game (but under v.3) with a large command on-table but in ambush and another command on a flank march.
It is a risky strategy but it worked for me in that game.
However, re-reading the deployment rules in v4, I cannot find any reference to having to deploy a Corps with units visible first.
The danger is that I might be playing this as a 'hang-over' from v3 or something that has to happen in another set of rules I've played in the past.

It would be interesting to see how others play it.
Cheers

Mark
Neep
Légionaire

MessagePosté le: Jeu Jan 19, 2023 3:05 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I don't think you "deploy" entirely out of sight corps at all. They are marked on the battle plan. You take turns deploying visible (or partly visible) corps.

Citation:
Starting with the defender, the players each deploy one corps in turn until all visible corps are on the table.
Neep
Légionaire

MessagePosté le: Jeu Jan 19, 2023 3:12 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Must the bridge be perpendicular to the table edge? Very Happy
Mark G Fry
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Jeu Jan 19, 2023 4:05 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Neep a écrit:
I don't think you "deploy" entirely out of sight corps at all. They are marked on the battle plan. You take turns deploying visible (or partly visible) corps.

Citation:
Starting with the defender, the players each deploy one corps in turn until all visible corps are on the table.

That would answer the question Very Happy - so the answer is that all visible Corps' must be deployed first.

Thank you
Mark G Fry
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Jeu Jan 19, 2023 4:07 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Neep a écrit:
Must the bridge be perpendicular to the table edge? Very Happy

Yes, but I believe that it becomes perpendicular at the point of crossing.
Otherwise, it is pointless, as units can only cross the river perpendicularly Shocked

Thanks
Mark
KevinD
Légat

MessagePosté le: Jeu Jan 19, 2023 7:09 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I thought the bridge obviates the river crossing rule for units on the bridge and thus the bridge does not need to be perpendicular. The limit of one turn in a road might make getting the bridge crossing perpendicular difficult. That said, realistically, who would choose to build a bridge at a very shallow angle given the extra expense?
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Ven Jan 27, 2023 1:18 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
1) No you cannot say my 1st corps is deployed or on flank march. An important to remember here is this is not the WRG game where the object of the game was to exploit the rules of the game.

2) page 79 clearly says "including those in ambush" so all units in an ambush must flee. Treat the ambush as gone.

3) The rule says "blocked" if you have a crossing it is not blocked. Yes a road crossing at angle creates a bridge/ford and "units to cross without penalty"

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: