Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
List 211 Berber
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Army lists
Auteur Message
SteveR
Prétorien

MessagePosté le: Ven Jan 06, 2023 6:00 am    Sujet du message: List 211 Berber Répondre en citant
This list covers several dynasties, however unlike other lists - for example Thracian #63 or #175 Tang and Five Dynasties, it does not require you to pick one of the named options.

Some named options add additional troops, some do not. It is clearly possible to choose just from the base list without using any troops from the Almoravids, Almohads or Hasifd sections, because there are two named dynasties (Maranids and Abdalwahids) in the text.

However these dynasties are also specified as being unable to have Christian Knights.

So is it possible to choose another dynasty, which is not named, which are not subject to this restriction?

This is similar to the list #60 construction. The named city states add additional choices but I believe you can pick a city state which picks only from the base list. For example Corinth or Argos are not listed but presumably existed with a military. However this list also does not have any restrictions on troops in the basic list so there is no issue there.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Mark G Fry
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Ven Jan 06, 2023 9:36 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Hi Steve
The restriction on the use of Christian troops & Almughavars doesn't relate specifically to any of the named Berber dynasties, it is generic.
You cannot use them with the Tuareg (camels) or Bedouin (camels) or Andalusian (allies).

So my reading of the prohibitions are that as long as you don't take any of those specifically named units with your Christian units, and you are not Maranids or Abdalwadids (if you are trying to deploy Knights), you can use any of the other core troops.

Whether there actually were any other Berber dynastie other than the Almoravids, Almohads, Abdalwadids, Maranids and Hafsids, I cannot say. But I suspect there probably were Laughing
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Army lists
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: