Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
60 Classic Greek for Chaeronea
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Army lists
Auteur Message
MC_Delicatessen
Auxiliaire

MessagePosté le: Mar Juil 19, 2022 1:59 pm    Sujet du message: 60 Classic Greek for Chaeronea Répondre en citant
Chaeronea in 338 BC was an alliance of Athens and Thebes and a few others up against the might of the Macedonians.

It's a bit challenging trying to create a list for this. Would be great if there was a Successors/Ipsos type of option.

Overall there's probably too much cav in the Athenian option, which would be the base option. And then take the Thebans as an ally, but then they don't get any Sacred Band (0-1). And they have a mandatory cav, which does not sit.
If you make it Theban overall, then the Sacred Band don't get an included general or armour, so they are not that scary.

So, then if you make it Athenian overall and fake the Theban command using included elite hoplites from the main list, and add general Greek allies, it's better, there can be no cav, lots of javs, but the problem is the Sacred Band are still not very exciting - just included elite hvy spr.

There's a case for allowing the Sacred Band armour to make them hard. At least I would do that for a scenario battle.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
KevinD
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Mar Juil 19, 2022 3:56 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Interesting.

Why do you think the Sacred Band had armor at this date? I thought by this era pretty much all hoplites were using the linen (or other non-metallic) cuirasses, though they may still have had bronze greaves. We’re the Sacred Band an exception or is this a game play mechanic to make them tougher?

Did the Sacred Band form up particularly deep? If so, maybe make them (Ordinary?) Pike - I don’t think they would have been quite as good as Philip or Alexander’s Hypasptists so probably not Elite. On the other hand with only 300 of a 30,000+ army they were only 1% of the Greek army at most so just making them a slightly better HI Sp (Elite and/or attached general) might do.

What do you think a list for them at 200 points should like like?

Maybe an Athenian (or Theban?) CiC and then an unreliable “other†Greek general for the other contingents and an Theban general. Or were the other Greeks too small of a force to deserve their own command? I would think making the Thebans CiC as they were on the right makes sense, then “Others†in the center and Athenians on the left.
MC_Delicatessen
Auxiliaire

MessagePosté le: Mar Juil 19, 2022 11:13 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I don’t think they had armour at this point but a buff would be nice - it would also add more variation to a fairly dull list and make them very hard to kill, even with a flank attack.

I was also thinking about inpetuous for Athenian heavy spear desperate to fight. Interesting to experiment.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Army lists
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: