Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Wheeling into an enemy ZoC
Page 4 sur 5 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Suivante
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Auteur Message
Theodoric
Javelinier

MessagePosté le: Lun Fév 21, 2022 11:37 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
From what I am seeing 90+% of people have been playing with the simple protocol that the rear follows and is not blocked.

And each specific example ruled on by Herve has supported this protocol, yet for some reason Dave you are on a crusade to make this an issue where no problem really exists.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
daveallen
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Lun Fév 21, 2022 12:36 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
As you choose to attack me personally rather than engage with the points made by several people in this thread there is clearly no point in continuing this conversation.

I'm happy to await Hervé's further thoughts.

Dave
MC_Delicatessen
Auxiliaire

MessagePosté le: Lun Fév 21, 2022 2:52 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
The scenario I think is important is where there is a breakthrough and pursuit in the middle of a line of combats.

It seems open but El Kreator seems to be hinting that it is not possible to then wheel/turn into an adjacent enemy because your rear corner would have to go through an enemy unit.

You would need to go right past the enemy line (out of support position) before turning/wheeling to roll up the enemy.. shurely not???
daveallen
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Lun Fév 21, 2022 3:24 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
The turn to flank isn't at issue here - you simply pick the unit up and put it down in its new orientation, there are no intermediate positions it has to flow through.

Dave
MC_Delicatessen
Auxiliaire

MessagePosté le: Lun Mar 14, 2022 7:33 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Did this ever get answered?
Mars
Barbare

MessagePosté le: Sam Avr 09, 2022 4:58 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I'm guessing (since I don't know how long rule queries like this generally take to be resolved) we are to assume that as there has been no further comment from the author or the DT since the author's initial reply (to the effect that that wheeling where a rear corner of your base crosses an enemy ZOZ because of 'swing out', despite the front edge never entering that ZOC, is not permissible), that his initial reply / ruling still stands and there will be no further clarification? Be nice to get this off the 'threads to monitor' list.

I can't figure where the idea comes from that the move IS permissible by virtue of referring to an example that relates to wheeling through a FRIENDLY unit, especially where the author has replied that the diagram in question relates to a SPECIFIC situation and should not be extrapolated to other (e.g. this) situations.
Zoltan
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Sam Avr 09, 2022 9:45 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Mars

1. No, there doesn’t seem to have been any further official commentary on this despite an earlier suggestion that it might be relitigated.

2. My reading of Hervé’s earlier post appears to be different from yours. I understood him to say:

When enemy units are in front corner to front corner contact (as a result of an earlier melee), the phasing player IS permitted to wheel away to break contact. In this scenario, despite the wheeler’s tail appearing to flick into the enemy’s ZoC, we ignore this as its an artificiality of using square/rectangular bases. This “ruling†relates to this specific scenario and shouldn’t be extrapolated to other scenarios. Other scenarios illustrated in the rule book relate to those specific scenarios and, similarly, shouldn’t be extrapolated further.
Mars
Barbare

MessagePosté le: Mer Avr 13, 2022 2:18 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Zoltan

On reading it again I think you're right. Herve said:

"Hello

The question was related to a very particular case : units are in corner corner contact and perfectly aligned.
The active unit have to move otherwise it have to conform to the enemy
In this case, it is authorized to the unit to move by wheeling in order to remove the contact with the enemy.
It seems logical that this unit not in ZoC can move without entering in the ZoC.

Do not extrapolate than it is possible to overlap enemy unit.
This kind of move is not authorized"

Was trying to read though this post quickly to try and find the answer (the reason I prefer succinct 2-3 line FAQ entries rather than 4 page forum threads) and I think I misinterpreted Herve's answer. I thought the 'particular case' was the example base / wheel overlap in the book whereas it looks like he was referring to the FB post about this topic. I'll have to try and find the FB post, much as I hate FB.

Either way, folks shouldn't have to dig around in forums and Facebook groups to find FAQ answers, that's what the FAQ is for, particularly as FB search is downright abysmal! That there are clearly two distinct trains of thought on this one it certainly begs for clarification whether or not, in the absence of a FAQ entry, the answer is buried somewhere in FB. Visiting a forum and seeing a question that hasn't yet made an FAQ is fair enough, one would also expect to find the answer here too though, not to have to go and rummage around the quagmire that is Facebook to find it.
Zoltan
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Mer Avr 13, 2022 8:38 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
To be fair Mars, Ramses original post here simply reported the original question and correct answer here on the official forum “for the recordâ€. The 4 pages of additional posts were completely superfluous and added mainly heat and very little light. Let’s focus on playing more games and posting less about rules points. 😉
Za Otlichiye
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Mer Avr 13, 2022 1:40 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
To be fair. a FAQ is an excellent idea. We just need to wait until someone shows up with the time and energy to compile an index of what has been discussed here and there. Since Mars is a newbie, let's not discourage him! Who knows, maybe we can arse him into writing the FAQ himself. Very Happy
Mars
Barbare

MessagePosté le: Jeu Avr 14, 2022 3:14 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Zoltan a écrit:
To be fair Mars, Ramses original post here simply reported the original question and correct answer here on the official forum “for the recordâ€. The 4 pages of additional posts were completely superfluous and added mainly heat and very little light. Let’s focus on playing more games and posting less about rules points. 😉

If reporting an update from another channel a link would be useful too, this makes it easier for people to check that the information is correct and the source of it. I don't quite get the "Let’s focus on playing more games and posting less about rules points.". How else are people expected to get clarification on a rule question? Ignore it. The questions get asked BECAUSE people want to focus more on playing games.

Link (this I think will only work if you are a member of the ADLG FB group): https://www.facebook.com/groups/746965518747018/permalink/4618231734953691/

Dernière édition par Mars le Jeu Avr 14, 2022 3:49 am; édité 1 fois
Mars
Barbare

MessagePosté le: Jeu Avr 14, 2022 3:26 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Za Otlichiye a écrit:
To be fair. a FAQ is an excellent idea. We just need to wait until someone shows up with the time and energy to compile an index of what has been discussed here and there. Since Mars is a newbie, let's not discourage him! Who knows, maybe we can arse him into writing the FAQ himself. Very Happy

There is already clearly a mechanism in place for compiling an FAQ as the 36 page document that existed for v3 attests, so there's no need to make the pointless suggestion that someone else compiles one, surprised you weren't aware of this. You assume much, presumably because of my low post count, 'newbie' etc, but I don't need your encouragement thanks. I post only when I have a real need to, unlike some others who post volumes, at times spouting pages of drivel that mostly do little other than confuse people with rule misunderstanding, achieving little beyond increasing the craving of some for an 'Ignore' button.

Dernière édition par Mars le Lun Avr 18, 2022 6:29 am; édité 1 fois
Zoltan
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Jeu Avr 14, 2022 6:49 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Mars a écrit:
I post only when I have a real need to, unlike some others who post volumes, at times spouting pages of drivel that mostly do little other than confuse people with rule misunderstanding, achieving little beyond increasing the craving of some for an 'Ignore' button.

Hear hear! Very Happy
Za Otlichiye
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Jeu Avr 14, 2022 3:16 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
My apologies Mars, I did not intend an insult by referring to you as a newbie. I just took your appearance at face value.
Obviously, if you are aware of a FAQ for version 3, you are far more experienced than I. I've bought version 4 and read through this forum and am unaware of such an effort. Please provide a link.
Meta-discussion attempting to arbitrate what sorts of questions others can ask is a surefire way of destroying good will. But then so is reacting to such, so I should follow my own advice and leave it be.
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Jeu Avr 14, 2022 7:27 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Zoltan a écrit:
Mars a écrit:
I post only when I have a real need to, unlike some others who post volumes, at times spouting pages of drivel that mostly do little other than confuse people with rule misunderstanding, achieving little beyond increasing the craving of some for an 'Ignore' button.

Hear hear! Very Happy

Exactly.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Page 4 sur 5 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Suivante
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: