Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Rolling the dice for army corps in ambush or flank march
Page 2 sur 2 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Auteur Message
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Ven Jan 07, 2022 2:46 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Good try MC, but MX is correct that the entire corps becomes reliable when one of the two ambushes is revealed, or if the enemy moves within 4UD of the visible units. 

Note, while your markers restrict the enemy to single moves while within 4UD, the ambush is only revealed when something moves to 1UD. Given the risk of this happening which leaves your army stranded, it is unwise to give an unreliable general command of so many units. 
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
MC_Delicatessen
Auxiliaire

MessagePosté le: Ven Jan 07, 2022 10:45 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
madaxeman a écrit:
MC_Delicatessen a écrit:
I have a strategist
I have three ambushes
My 2-in-c is unreliable
My 2-in-c has 12 units
Each ambush has 4 of these units with the 2-in-c attached to one

I have not broken the rule at deployment

My 2-in-c rolls unreliable
One of the other ambushes is revealed by the enemy

I have now broken the rule because these 4 units are now â€deployed†out of command range (the 2-in-c is not on the table)

Panic panic panic

I think there are another 700 people on here who can come up with edge cases like this. They might miss out on a few games tho:)

Your command will become reliable once any of its troops are discovered, and there is also no requirement for troops placed on table as a result of an ambush being discovered to be within command range of their general (p77).

So, nope, you have not inserted yourself quite far enough into the corner with this one to break the rules I'm afraid Smile

But but but what if there’s an r in the month and I’m playing without trousers… surely then I’ve broken the rules?
lionelrus
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Sam Jan 08, 2022 6:10 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
MC_Delicatessen a écrit:
madaxeman a écrit:
MC_Delicatessen a écrit:
I have a strategist
I have three ambushes
My 2-in-c is unreliable
My 2-in-c has 12 units
Each ambush has 4 of these units with the 2-in-c attached to one

I have not broken the rule at deployment

My 2-in-c rolls unreliable
One of the other ambushes is revealed by the enemy

I have now broken the rule because these 4 units are now â€deployed†out of command range (the 2-in-c is not on the table)

Panic panic panic

I think there are another 700 people on here who can come up with edge cases like this. They might miss out on a few games tho:)

Your command will become reliable once any of its troops are discovered, and there is also no requirement for troops placed on table as a result of an ambush being discovered to be within command range of their general (p77).

So, nope, you have not inserted yourself quite far enough into the corner with this one to break the rules I'm afraid Smile

But but but what if there’s an r in the month and I’m playing without trousers… surely then I’ve broken the rules?

In that special case (see P 297, deploying players, 369th bullet: " a player without trousers must be deployed below the table, or below a terrain piece large enought convering all skins aeras. Saparetly deploying trousersr is not allowed, except if all figurines of the army are naked, in that uncommon case trousers are considered as additionnal unfortified baggage" .

However, if there's a r in the month (in english speaking aeras), of if is a day finishing by "id" in french speaking aeras, all players deploying without trousers are considering rolling only 1 on their dices, exception, of course in Scotland where kilt is allowed ( see technical board internationnalcourt of justice, decision n° 264886, 12/7/1941: samourai vs hawahiens, at happened when a player is surprised trousers dropped down....).
babyshark
Légionaire

MessagePosté le: Mar Jan 11, 2022 2:02 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Lionelrus has won this thread.

Marc

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Page 2 sur 2 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: