Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Comparison: 15 mm Arabs from Essex & Forged in Battle
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Miniatures and painting
Auteur Message
vexillia
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Jeu Juil 15, 2021 12:43 pm    Sujet du message: Comparison: 15 mm Arabs from Essex & Forged in Battle Répondre en citant
What are people's opinions on this? I have picked up an impression that Forged in Battle are somewhat smaller.

I'm interested to know to what extent they can be mixed: on the same base or only in separate units etc.

Thanks.
KevinD
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Lun Déc 27, 2021 3:44 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
vexillia a écrit:
What are people's opinions on this? I have picked up an impression that Forged in Battle are somewhat smaller.

I'm interested to know to what extent they can be mixed: on the same base or only in separate units etc.

Thanks.

What did you learn?
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
vexillia
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Lun Déc 27, 2021 9:33 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Not a lot really. Smile I ended up buying enough Forged in Battle Arabs so that I didn't have to mix the cavalry which have significantly different sculpting styles (if not size). Looking at the castings the infantry are a rough size match but I'll comment on the mixing once I've painted a few.

Comments from elsewhere:

Citation:
FWiW, I have just compared some Essex medieval Spanish infantry with FiB Vikings and the FiB figures are taller. The Arabs were produced in the same tranches, so that might be a valid comparison.

I also compared Essex Ottoman akinjis with FiB Ancient German cavalry; this time the Essex were the larger. The horses in particular were noticeable. I wouldn't mix the cavalry - I might mix the foot as long as the poses were compatible.

IMO, the FiB riders tend to be smaller than the infantry. A few of the infantry are quite small but I think the sculptor had already done some figures a while ago and these were included when the range was put into production.

Citation:
I've just compared my unbased FiB Arabs with some unbased Essex figures.

FiB Arab spearman with Essex Libyan javelin man. FiB is about a milimetre taller but has a bit more heft. I'd chance them on the same base, certainly in the same army.

Essex Gallic cavary with FiB Arab cavalry- not much in it at all. The Gallic nag was one of the Essex plodders rather than the livelier horses. I'd put them on the same base.

Hope that helps.
muz177
Gladiateur

MessagePosté le: Mar Déc 28, 2021 11:13 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
i like the Forged in Battle ranges Martin - they paint up very nicely - you will do a smashing job on them.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Miniatures and painting
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: