Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Terrain removal on rolling a six [Resolved]
Page 1 sur 2 Aller à la page 1, 2  Suivante
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Auteur Message
vexillia
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Sam Juin 12, 2021 9:34 am    Sujet du message: Terrain removal on rolling a six [Resolved] Répondre en citant
The new rule is
Citation:
When adjusting terrain, a "6" allows the removal of a terrain piece only the first time it is rolled. Subsequent "6"'s become "Rotate or UD move".

Is this per player or per game? The section on page 76 is ambiguous:
Citation:
except ... if another terrain piece has been already removed in this manner.

I assume it's per player. Is this the general view?

Dernière édition par vexillia le Sam Aoû 14, 2021 8:52 am; édité 2 fois
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Sam Juin 12, 2021 11:16 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Yes
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
fdunadan
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Sam Juin 12, 2021 7:31 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Hum... the french version indicates that another terrain has been already removed, not specifying by this player.
It seems to limit the emptiness of the battlefield: only one terrain in total can be removed.
vexillia
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Sam Juin 12, 2021 8:14 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
So which is it?
madaxeman
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Sam Juin 12, 2021 8:34 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
vexillia a écrit:
So which is it?

I am sure someone will be asking a member of the DT as we speak...

Mike Bennett
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Sam Juin 12, 2021 9:40 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Ramses II a écrit:
Yes

Hi Gavin / Martin

How did you come to the conclusion that each player can remove a terrain piece please? The table on page 76 simply says if another piece has already been remove, no qualification that each player is allowed to remove one that I have seen. It seems clear to me that “in this manner†means in this “terrain adjustment†section, e.g. not during the “placing other terrain elements†section if it did not fit as there was no space in the diced sector.

Dernière édition par Mike Bennett le Sam Juin 12, 2021 10:41 pm; édité 1 fois
vexillia
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Sam Juin 12, 2021 10:04 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Citation:
How did you come to the conclusion that each player can remove a terrain piece please?

As I said in the OP "I assume[d]" it was likely to be per player simply because everything else in this section is per player. I raised the question for the very reason you've outlined: the text is ambiguous.

I don't mind either way I just want to know what was intended.
Mike Bennett
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Sam Juin 12, 2021 10:40 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
vexillia a écrit:
Citation:
How did you come to the conclusion that each player can remove a terrain piece please?

As I said in the OP "I assume[d]" it was likely to be per player simply because everything else in this section is per player. I raised the question for the very reason you've outlined: the text is ambiguous.

I don't mind either way I just want to know what was intended.

Similarly I do not mind what the final views is, but I do not see why you seem to think that I agree that is ambiguous, and indeed i do not see any ambiguity. For me it is clear, it says if a piece has already been removed, without any qualification by that player.

If I understand your view is that it is ambiguous as this section is by player? However there are other parts of terrain which are collective, such as the table with the maximum pieces of a type in a geographic region, or 3 pieces in one half of the table.

Dernière édition par Mike Bennett le Sam Juin 12, 2021 10:58 pm; édité 2 fois
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Sam Juin 12, 2021 10:48 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
P75, Placing terrain elements, 3rd bullet reads
Citation:
The first time a terrain piece cannot be placed on the table due to lack of space the player may re-roll the dice for placement. This re-roll is allowed only once for each player. If the terrain still cannot be placed, it is then discarded.

(my emphasis)

This seems clear to me that there are two such re-rolls, one for each player - no ??
Mike Bennett
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Sam Juin 12, 2021 10:55 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Ramses II a écrit:
P75, Placing terrain elements, 3rd bullet reads
Citation:
The first time a terrain piece cannot be placed on the table due to lack of space the player may re-roll the dice for placement. This re-roll is allowed only once for each player. If the terrain still cannot be placed, it is then discarded.

(my emphasis)

This seems clear to me that there are two such re-rolls, one for each player - no ??

I agree for page 75 on placing terrain as you have quoted each player gets a re-roll. It is specifically worded that way and so could not be much clearer. However it as a huge stretch to then reapply these same words to Martin’s question about page 76 adjusting terrain, were no such wording exists. Indeed this use of different wording demonstrates a different approach, and reinforces the view that for terrain adjustment it is only once for both players not once each.

Anyway I dial out of this debate now, unless there are specific words in the rules I have missed, or an errata from El Kreator to change the words. For me it could not be much less ambiguous.
vexillia
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Dim Juin 13, 2021 7:27 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Mike Bennett a écrit:

Anyway I dial out of this debate now, unless there are specific words in the rules I have missed

There's always the 2nd bullet on p76 in the Terrain adjustment section:
Citation:
Only one attempt per player per terrain piece ...

Dernière édition par vexillia le Dim Juin 13, 2021 9:40 pm; édité 1 fois
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
Mike Bennett
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Dim Juin 13, 2021 7:33 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
vexillia a écrit:
Mike Bennett a écrit:

Anyway I dial out of this debate now, unless there are specific words in the rules I have missed

There's always the 2nd bullet on p76 in the Terrain adjustment section:
Citation:
Only one attempt per player per terrain piece ...

Exactly. When it means one per player it says it.
Longtooth
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Dim Juin 13, 2021 8:18 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Think I agree with Mike.....the wording is pretty clear. Only one piece of terrain gets to be removed.

Jesse
I never roll a six
Gladiateur

MessagePosté le: Dim Juin 13, 2021 11:47 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I agree with Mike.

The criterion for removing a terrain piece if you roll a 6 during terrain adjustment, in the box on page 76 of the rules, is expressed in relation to "if another terrain piece has been already removed" NOT "if the player has already removed a terrain piece."

To me, this means that only ONE piece can be removed. The defender can only try to remove a terrain piece if the attacker has not removed one.

regards
ethan
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Dim Juin 13, 2021 9:39 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
The rule as written is pretty clear, this is a clear rule change from V3, and there are not knock-on effects that make this silly. One piece can be removed period. If that was not the intention then El Kreator will have to step in.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Page 1 sur 2 Aller à la page 1, 2  Suivante
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: