Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Warwagons
Page 5 sur 5 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Auteur Message
lionelrus
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Dim Avr 17, 2022 6:57 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
C'est extraordinaire!
Il semble qu'ALEXANDER refuse de lire les règles spéciales des warwagons.
Ou alors son livre de règles est imcomplet....
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Black Prince
Prétorien

MessagePosté le: Lun Avr 18, 2022 3:03 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
So after reading all this my only question is; is the Hussite army any good and can it win a comp?

I looked the Hussite up in the army stats and the best it has placed is 5th, so I suspect it might not be worth painting up.
madaxeman
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Lun Avr 18, 2022 9:07 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Black Prince a écrit:
So after reading all this my only question is; is the Hussite army any good and can it win a comp?

I looked the Hussite up in the army stats and the best it has placed is 5th, so I suspect it might not be worth painting up.

As has been the case in all rulesets since time immemorial, Hussites are an army you choose to paint up because it'll look really cool, not because you are eager to festoon your mantlepiece with (usually cheap and tacky) wargaming trophies Wink
Black Prince
Prétorien

MessagePosté le: Lun Avr 18, 2022 10:21 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Thanks, Tim, I guess it is back to the Ghaznavids.
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mar Avr 19, 2022 10:45 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Black Prince a écrit:

I have fought against Hussites in ADLG about 3-4 times. Each time it was sort of interesting because it was different, but they all ended the same way. Once it was clear that I had the power to bust the warwagons this gaping hole was present and the mounted counterstrike wasn't much of one.

One game had I think a polish knight ally between the wagons on each flank. I was something Mongol. When I broke through the two wagons on one side the knights started spilling out but the wagon burg was basically surrounded at that point.

Another time the wargons were trying to column cross the front to block my something mounted army but I piled into 3 wagons and while 1 hilled some of mine they other two collapsed and the Hussite was out of position but time was up.

They were interesting and different but fundamentally the Hussite player deployed the riddle and watched the opponent take them apart slowly or fast. And thus bored the Hussite player with a loss or losing draw.

There are better wagon options. Hungarian, German, Ming. They each operate like 1-2 wagons as a shield but then need to wheel past it with their army and strike the foe.
DarkBlack
Barbare

MessagePosté le: Mer Avr 20, 2022 2:13 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Black Prince a écrit:

I would have a hard time motivating myself to paint an army only because it will win games, not sure I would bother with historical if I wasn't at least a little interested in the history.
I'm sure there is a skirmish game I could take too seriously that would be a lot less effort to get a force painted up and have fewer complicated rules to accommodate weird troops in history if I was only after winning games.
Black Prince
Prétorien

MessagePosté le: Mer Avr 20, 2022 10:12 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Darkblack I agree with you, it is also now days the cost of buying the figures as well as the time. I only paint up armies that I am interested in, Hussites do happen to be one of those I am interested in and have always thought about painting. Though I balance my interest in an army versus its playability - I really do not want to spend the money and a hundred hours painting it if I can not work out how to win a game with it. I like the Central Asian cavalry armies but I have always struggled to learn how to play them correctly hence I am working on the Ghaznavids, it has an obvious way to play.

Hazelbank - your description of deploying the War Wagons then sitting there waiting to see if the line cracked does not sound like fun to me either.
DarkBlack
Barbare

MessagePosté le: Jeu Avr 21, 2022 1:29 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Black Prince a écrit:
Darkblack I agree with you, it is also now days the cost of buying the figures as well as the time. I only paint up armies that I am interested in, Hussites do happen to be one of those I am interested in and have always thought about painting. Though I balance my interest in an army versus its playability - I really do not want to spend the money and a hundred hours painting it if I can not work out how to win a game with it. I like the Central Asian cavalry armies but I have always struggled to learn how to play them correctly hence I am working on the Ghaznavids, it has an obvious way to play.

Both is a better answer!
It does seems strange and unnatural to think that far ahead though.
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Ven Avr 22, 2022 1:05 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Black Prince a écrit:
Darkblack I agree with you, it is also now days the cost of buying the figures as well as the time. I only paint up armies that I am interested in, Hussites do happen to be one of those I am interested in and have always thought about painting. Though I balance my interest in an army versus its playability - I really do not want to spend the money and a hundred hours painting it if I can not work out how to win a game with it. I like the Central Asian cavalry armies but I have always struggled to learn how to play them correctly hence I am working on the Ghaznavids, it has an obvious way to play. .

I always use the game and history to inspire one another. Way back in a different rule set I became interesting in Xiong-nu. Never run them in ADLG. But I keep chasing history books on them and have enjoyed those.

In another rule set I got interested in camel armies. Probably for rule reason to be fair. But that led to a lot of reading on the various camel armies of the arabian peninsula, Beja and Christian Nubians. I had all my commanders named after real historical figures. Now I like the camel armies in ADLG, have run them some and while I enjoy them as they have a very different feel, I tend to shy away from them as they feel a bit like a trick. While I love camels, I am glad in v4 they came down a level while they were not great in v3, I felt they were overpowered.

The Central Asian horse archers I really enjoy across many rules and many books. I lean toward the more Ghilman, turkic and ottoman now largely because I read too much history on them.

From a game point of view, the horse archer armies need to play a different style. You cannot win by just planning to ride up and shoot. You need to approach at angles and force your opponent to bend and wheel. That is where you get elbows and gaps that become vulnerable. It is also how you get in a lot more shooting and then you have to have a plan to actually close to seal the deal. Too many horse archers just line up in parallel lines and get pushed off table.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Page 5 sur 5 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: