Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Warwagons
Page 4 sur 5 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Suivante
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Auteur Message
madaxeman
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Sam Avr 16, 2022 6:08 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
ALEXANDER a écrit:

In the next turn (of the warwagon player) the warwagon has to conform to BB? or CC? To whch unit does it have to conform to?
The other will not fight or give support
...or can he decides that he is fighting against AA
that is already at his front.
..as the phasing player decides which unit is the main unit against a warwagon.

As DAllen has previously pointed out, War Wagons never conform.

The choice of who fights the war wagon is made by the phasing player, as set out in the 5th bullet on p67, in the section on War Wagons. AA is not a potential choice as it is not in a position to attack the War Wagon.
Za Otlichiye
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Sam Avr 16, 2022 6:36 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Should read the whole thread before I reply. Bladed WWg's are a mystery.

Dernière édition par Za Otlichiye le Sam Avr 16, 2022 10:15 pm; édité 2 fois
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
madaxeman
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Sam Avr 16, 2022 7:34 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Za Otlichiye a écrit:
Per page 67 a WWg cannot "attack " the flank or rear of an enemy, so AA would fight 11 completely ignoring AA. Then as MAM says, the WWg can fight either BB or CC, neither side qualifying for support.

More importantly, as I have just said above, the rules say that the phasing player chooses which enemy unit attacks the War Wagon.

AA cannot be chosen.
ALEXANDER
Vétéran

MessagePosté le: Sam Avr 16, 2022 8:10 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I am sorry. I forgot to repeat that my last example was about a warwagon with blades.
I am sure you have already read the errata about this troop type

and Dave wrote that Warwagon with blades can/ must conform

In addition the phasing player chooses what unit is the main unit against the warwagon.

Therefore is up to the war wagon player to choose the main unit in his turn. The other units in contact with the warwagon act just as a simple support!

This is why I asked whether the warwagon eith blade has to conform to BB or CC or is allowed to choose AA as his main unit in his turn

As I wrote the front of the warwagon is on the left side.
madaxeman
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Sam Avr 16, 2022 9:19 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
ALEXANDER a écrit:
I am sorry. I forgot to repeat that my last example was about a warwagon with blades.
I am sure you have already read the errata about this troop type

and Dave wrote that Warwagon with blades can/ must conform

In addition the phasing player chooses what unit is the main unit against the warwagon.

Therefore is up to the war wagon player to choose the main unit in his turn. The other units in contact with the warwagon act just as a simple support!

This is why I asked whether the warwagon eith blade has to conform to BB or CC or is allowed to choose AA as his main unit in his turn

As I wrote the front of the warwagon is on the left side.

To repeat for the third time, AA is not a legal option to be chosen as the opponent of the wagon as it cannot choose to fight an opponent to its flank when it is already in melee to its front. The only options for the wagon are to choose BB or CC as opponent

BB and CC must be conformed with the wagon already in order to fight it, so the wagon does not have to move to confirm.
ALEXANDER
Vétéran

MessagePosté le: Sam Avr 16, 2022 11:52 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Lets have a very simple example
The warwagon is WW with blade and has its front to the left
The warwagon attacks the flank of AA first
Then unit 11 attacks the other flank of AA

As both attacker attack the flank and the warwagon has attacked first, the warwagon is the main unit
Page 60

11.....AA...WWWW

1.....WWWW
1AAWWWW

Next turn
PLAYER A attacks the warwagon with 2 new units BB and CC on its long side.

.........BBCC
1.....WWWW
1AAWWWW

In addition player A has to conform with unit AA
Normally he should turn towards the warwagon because the warwagon has been the main unit in the previous turn.
Player A is not allowed to change the main unit of his own combat
There would be just 1 melee and the combat would be again between the warwagen and unit AA

AA would still suffer from the rear attack of 11
but would have a simple support by BB

But of course player A is the phasing player and so he can decide which unit will fight against the warwagen... and BB and CC are already in frontal contact with the warwagon.

So he might conform unit AA towards 11
Now there are 2 melees
BB and CC fight the warwagon
and AA fights against 11 now (without its factor reduced to zero? See picture on page 66

Next turn

The warwagon player can decide the main unit but now unit AA has contacted unit 11 with its front.

Tough the warwagon fought against AA in the first turn
and has not been flanked by any other unit
....you argue that the warwagon cannot choose to fight against AA again.

Because the warwagon is contacted on his long side?
The warwagon with blades is not allowed to fight against an enemy that is in front of his short edge (its front edge) and treat Unit BB and Cc as simple support for AA?
Za Otlichiye
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Dim Avr 17, 2022 2:59 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Alexander,
I don't see how this is much different from ordinary units in such a melee.
Units 1 and 2 attack both flanks of A.
Code:

1  2
1AA2

next turn AA conforms to 1, while B attacks 2's flank. (1 and 2 "sandwich" A per Errata)
Code:

BB
1A2
1A2

2 is on A's rear, so A has zero factor and loses some Special Abilities, but 2 does not supply melee support, because it must fight B.

next turn 2 will conform to B - this is where it differs from a bladed WWg. The WWg has no need to conform as it can fight B with front edge factors.
Code:

BB
1A22
1A

And of course I could be wrong. (use the Code option on your diagrams - it will ensure one character to one space.)

Dernière édition par Za Otlichiye le Lun Avr 18, 2022 12:13 am; édité 1 fois
ALEXANDER
Vétéran

MessagePosté le: Dim Avr 17, 2022 9:07 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Thank you Za.

You understood the situation of my example,
but I think there are some differences.
I will take your example to demonstrate

As I said, unit 2 attacks before 1
So unit 2 is the main unit against A

I think (even in your example)
unit A has to conform to 2 because it has been the main unit before.

If, for example, A is a elefant, 1 a MC and 2 and B are both Light infantry, it makes a huge difference.

If A conform to the main unit of last round,
there would be just 1 melee
A against 2

In your example 22 has its front still in the rear of AA
Therefore A's factor is reduced to zero
untill 22 has conformed to BB

Aa I understand Madaxeman
this is different with a warwagons wirh blase.
He argued that the warwagon is already in front combat with BB
The long edge is now the front and the real front edge becomes the flank at that moment
..and there is no flank attack (factor zero) against AA anymore

In addition (with warwagons) the attack of BB against 22 is not a true flank attack, but either another front contact or just a kind of simple support

You could imagine a situation like this

.....B
.....B
1AA2

As the combat is against a warwagon player A can decide which of his unit will fight the warwsgon
Of corse he will choose B because it has no multiple attack
But normally unit A would then give no simple support to BB but instead suffer the rear attack of 1

In the next turn the warwagon player could choose to fight against AA again. .as a multiple attack with BB just counting as a simple support. If A conforms to 1 he might not do that.

There is a difference with conforming conpared to normal units. Dave said they have to conform (when attacking?)
But it seem the do not have to conform when beeing attacked on their long side.
With normal units, 2 would have to conform to B
If 2 is a warwagon he does not have to turn his front to BB

At least these difference should be clarified in the Errata

Dernière édition par ALEXANDER le Dim Avr 17, 2022 9:31 am; édité 1 fois
ALEXANDER
Vétéran

MessagePosté le: Dim Avr 17, 2022 9:25 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Sorry double post

Dernière édition par ALEXANDER le Dim Avr 17, 2022 10:30 am; édité 1 fois
daveallen
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Dim Avr 17, 2022 10:02 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I'm sorry Alexander, but I can't make head or tail of your diagrams. It would be a lot easier if you took photos of the situations and uploaded them (using an image sharing site like imgur.com), or you could draw diagrams and upload those.

Alternatively, imaginative use of the emoticons sometimes works.

But whatever you do please use the preview function to check that what you're posting is comprehensible.

I hope this helps,

Dave
Za Otlichiye
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Dim Avr 17, 2022 4:37 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
ALEXANDER a écrit:
Thank you Za.

I think (even in your example)
unit A has to conform to 2 because it has been the main unit before.

I noticed you suggested this before. I may be overlooking something, but I don't think there is any requirement for this. Unit A can chose to conform to the most desirable match up.
Za Otlichiye
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Dim Avr 17, 2022 4:47 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
ALEXANDER a écrit:

The long edge is now the front and the real front edge becomes the flank at that moment

With an unbladed WWg, which cannot "attack" only "fight" I completely agree. But a bladed WWg can attack through it's front edge, so I see it as analogous to an ordinary unit. But MAM has a point, so the question is moot and I think we need a ruling.
Za Otlichiye
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Dim Avr 17, 2022 5:04 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I believe you are describing
Code:

BB
1Abwwg
1Abwwg

I don't see how A could have gotten in that position without already suffering a multiple attack when unit 1 closed on A's rear. Otherwise I pretty much agree with what you say.

ALEXANDER a écrit:

As the combat is against a warwagon player A can decide which of his unit will fight the warwsgon
Of corse he will choose B because it has no multiple attack
But normally unit A would then give no simple support to BB but instead suffer the rear attack of 1

In the next turn the warwagon player could choose to fight against AA again. .as a multiple attack with BB just counting as a simple support. If A conforms to 1 he might not do that.

Za Otlichiye
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Dim Avr 17, 2022 5:08 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
ALEXANDER a écrit:

There is a difference with conforming conpared to normal units. Dave said they have to conform (when attacking?)
But it seem the do not have to conform when beeing attacked on their long side.
With normal units, 2 would have to conform to B
If 2 is a warwagon he does not have to turn his front to BB

I imagine the intent is that this only applies to when the bladed WWg' make partial contact with it's front edge.After that it stays where it is.
madaxeman
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Dim Avr 17, 2022 5:19 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
ALEXANDER a écrit:

No. This is not what I wrote. You are making assumptions and inventing new rules, and in the process creating problems which do not exist.

When war wagons are in combat, they do not choose who they want to fight, and they do not choose which edge is their "fighting" edge.

The rules are very clear in saying that the phasing player chooses the opponent who will fight them.

AA cannot be chosen as an opponent for the Wagon by either player, in either turn, as it is in front-to-front contact and melee against a different unit and so cannot fight the wagon.

There is no reason to suggest this rule does not apply to all types of wagons.

If you read and apply this rule, the situation becomes simple to resolve.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Page 4 sur 5 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Suivante
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: