Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Warwagons
Page 3 sur 5 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Suivante
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Auteur Message
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Jeu Avr 14, 2022 8:05 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
ALEXANDER a écrit:

War Wagon with blade is a new troop type.
Page 14
They can charge
Bullet 4 seem to be wrong because "warwagons with blades" are of course able to charge...so what else happens if they charge a flank or a rear?

It appears (also on p61) they can charge but they do not trigger the multiple attacks and only count as simple support.

Citation:
Bullet 7
Light infantry can contact a warwagon to support another friendly unit ...
but I assume this other unit must not be another Light infantry because of Page 62.

Yes

Citation:
Page 69 Warwagon never pursue?

correct

Citation:
What happens if a warwagon with blades makes a move/charge? like on the picture on Page 51
Conformation and support. Is this a simple support in the first melee phase but a flank attack in the next enemies turn

It appears they act as simple support.

But you have a good question and I will climb the mountain to seek answers.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
ALEXANDER
Vétéran

MessagePosté le: Jeu Avr 14, 2022 9:00 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Hazelbark a écrit:
Alexander as for your turning.

Interesting as that had not been contemplated

I think you are correct that you cannot turn in a way that would not be a legal interpenetrations.

I think a slightly different wrinkle approach is make the LI a part of the group doing the quarter turn so they must quarter turn this may get them out of the way albeit facing to the side.

This is not allowed
See page 35 specific cases war wagons
ALEXANDER
Vétéran

MessagePosté le: Jeu Avr 14, 2022 9:12 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Hazelbark a écrit:
ALEXANDER a écrit:

Page 14
They can charge
Bullet 4 seem to be wrong because "warwagons with blades" are of course able to charge...so what else happens if they charge a flank or a rear?

It appears (also on p61) they can charge but they do not trigger the multiple attacks and only count as simple support.

This might be a funny rule if there is no main unit the WWgs could give support to Smile
ALEXANDER
Vétéran

MessagePosté le: Jeu Avr 14, 2022 9:49 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
What is also annoying about the new rule with the turn and the maximum of 2 Warwagen is
...that you cannot simply turn around a column of 3 or 4 Warwagen

It has nothing to do with the space either. Each Warwagon stays in place and only turns 90 degrees

I do not understand why this new rule is not just used for quarter turn but for half turns as well.
madaxeman
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Ven Avr 15, 2022 12:49 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
ALEXANDER a écrit:

Page 67
Bullet 1
All their 4 edges are considered as a front edge for combat purpose

No. This is a mis-quote.

This bullet point is about War Wagons being attacked. It explains why they cannot be attacked on their sides or rear, or the subject of a multiple attack.

It does not cover the situation of a war wagon attacking another unit, and so the restrictions in the Charge section of the rules would still apply.

You may find that the game is easier if you approach reading the rules with the idea that we are all trying to play a sensible game, rather than engaging in an an exercise in gymnastic semantics.
ALEXANDER
Vétéran

MessagePosté le: Ven Avr 15, 2022 2:11 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Why get so personal?
I'm just pointing out that the capabilities of the War Wagon troop type with blades are underexplained.

What happens when you are in contact with the enemy's flank and no other unit is fighting the enemy head-on. ...or if you even disengaged this unit? !!!

Nowhere is it written that WWg with blades can fight only with its front edge.

Bringing the side edge ....or even the rear.... of a war wagon with blades into contact with an enemy will result in a melee. ...and the warwagen does not count as beeing flanking.
The enemy unit however might be If the warwagon started the movement behind the flank line
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Ven Avr 15, 2022 5:48 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
ALEXANDER a écrit:
Hazelbark a écrit:
Alexander as for your turning.

Interesting as that had not been contemplated

I think you are correct that you cannot turn in a way that would not be a legal interpenetrations.

I think a slightly different wrinkle approach is make the LI a part of the group doing the quarter turn so they must quarter turn this may get them out of the way albeit facing to the side.

This is not allowed
See page 35 specific cases war wagons

Correct!
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Ven Avr 15, 2022 6:07 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
ALEXANDER a écrit:
What is also annoying about the new rule with the turn and the maximum of 2 Warwagen is
...that you cannot simply turn around a column of 3 or 4 Warwagen

It has nothing to do with the space either. Each Warwagon stays in place and only turns 90 degrees

I do not understand why this new rule is not just used for quarter turn but for half turns as well.

Well this is a guess on my part, but making warwagons too good is a dangerous thing.

Now El Kreator does not talk with RBS once of wrg. But RBS once replied about why WWG were so bad in Field of Glory saying to effect. They are so boring and horrible to play against I want to do nothing to encourage their use. Now El Kreator does not seem to share that hostility. But I think a lot of game have concerns.

From a command point of view, I think it quite hard to execute a 180 degree turn with 10 warwagons (that is I think the approximate number in a unit) much less a column of 2-4 times that number. I think he added the quarter turn to v4 to make WWG more useful and didn't want to go further.

All speculation of course.
daveallen
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Ven Avr 15, 2022 6:14 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Hazelbark a écrit:
ALEXANDER a écrit:

Page 14
They can charge

Citation:
What happens if a warwagon with blades makes a move/charge? like on the picture on Page 51
Conformation and support. Is this a simple support in the first melee phase but a flank attack in the next enemies turn

It appears they act as simple support.

But you have a good question and I will climb the mountain to seek answers.

The errata clears this up:
Citation:
War wagons (page 67)
A WWg with blades can always charge or contact the enemy. It can make a flank or rear attack, provide
melee support or a multiple attack.

daveallen
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Ven Avr 15, 2022 10:34 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
ALEXANDER a écrit:
What happens when you are in contact with the enemy's flank and no other unit is fighting the enemy head-on. ...or if you even disengaged this unit? !!!

Nowhere is it written that WWg with blades can fight only with its front edge.

Bringing the side edge ....or even the rear.... of a war wagon with blades into contact with an enemy will result in a melee. ...and the warwagen does not count as beeing flanking.
The enemy unit however might be If the warwagon started the movement behind the flank line

Nothing happens if it's the WWg's turn because they cannot conform. If it's the other player's turn, their unit must either conform or move away.

WWg with Blades can conform so they would have to do so or move away.

All WWg fight with any edge, but only WWg with Blades can count as melee support and only if fully conformed with the front edge against enemy flank or rear.

Like any other unit WWg with Blades can only charge with their front edge.

This is from Hervé in the French rules forum ( http://artdelaguerre.fr/adlg/v3/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8680 )

Citation:
Ils chargent uniquement sur leur face avant. - They charge only on their front side.

Dave
ALEXANDER
Vétéran

MessagePosté le: Sam Avr 16, 2022 7:57 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Some examples ...just to make sure I understood
The WW is a wagon with blade (of Player B)
AA and BB are Cavalry

1.)

AA
BBWW
.....WW
.....WW
.....WW

simple support

2.)
The war wagon moves forward 1 UD in its own turn

.....WW
AAWW
BBWW
.... WW

Its still a simple support in the turn of player B,
as the warwagon did not begun behind the flank of AA
...but in the next turn (Player A)
the combat factor of AA is zero
+ melee support +1+factor=3 for BB

3.)

.....WW
AAWW
BBWW
.....WW

Same start situation as 2.)
but its players B turn and Player B turns the warwagon 90° to the left

.....WWWW
AAWWWW
BB

Multiple attack

4.)
The warwagon starts its movement behind AA flank but Not in contact with AA. Its players B turn

........WW
AA...WW
BB...WW
........WW

The warwagon shifts 1 UD to the left to contact AA
(or turns 90° to the right)

NO CHARGE = no multiple attack
BUT a melee support
Combat factor of AA is zero
Melee support of +3 for BB

Are these examples right?
daveallen
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Sam Avr 16, 2022 9:05 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
1) Yes

2) No. It is only a multiple attack when it is in front edge to flank contact. Similarly for melee support.

3) Yes

4) See the answer to 2)

Dave
Dickstick
Légat

MessagePosté le: Sam Avr 16, 2022 1:01 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Are wwg limited to 45° wheels.?
Turn to flank is only part of a formation change.?
Sorry no rules to hand.
daveallen
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Sam Avr 16, 2022 4:19 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
They cannot wheel more than 45°.

They aren't unmanoeuvrable and can turn 180° or 90° at a cost of 1 CP and 2 UD.

Dave
ALEXANDER
Vétéran

MessagePosté le: Sam Avr 16, 2022 5:15 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I am already totally confused Very Happy

..but I guess this is just because I instinctly think the long side of a WWg is the side that should fight.

How is this combat played then

.....BBCC
AAWWW

Units A to C have attacked the opponents 1 and the Warwagen
Unit A cannot give a support to B, so it had to continue 2 UD and attack 1

The warwagon front is on the left side

In Player A turn

The warwagon fights against BB and CC without suffering a multiple attack
AA suffers a multiple attack?
AA factor is zero but
11 does not get the melee support of the warwagon
because the warwagon is fighting

In the next turn (of the warwagon player) the warwagon has to conform to BB? or CC? To whch unit does it have to conform to?
The other will not fight or give support

...or can he decides that he is fighting against AA
that is already at his front.
..as the phasing player decides which unit is the main unit against a warwagon.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Page 3 sur 5 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Suivante
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: