Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Possible ADLG event in Inverness in September/October
Page 1 sur 2 Aller à la page 1, 2  Suivante
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Tournaments and Events
Auteur Message
keithmartinsmith
Barbare

MessagePosté le: Dim Avr 18, 2021 9:23 pm    Sujet du message: Possible ADLG event in Inverness in September/October Répondre en citant
All, The event is definitely going to happen on the 4th/5th September and I updated the message thread to this ...

http://www.artdelaguerre.fr/adlg/v3/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8710

Keith
----

All,

Tying to judge the level of interest if I was to organise an ADLG v4 event in Inverness in a September/October time frame.
Really hoping that we are as good as back to normal by then!!

If there is enough interest I'd plan to ideally host in a hotel in the town centre so you would not need a car. For those who want to make a longer visit you can get to most historic sites easily from Inverness by public transport. You can even do a day return to Orkney that visits most historic sites on the main Island.

There are cheap flights to Inverness with EasyJet, BA and Logan Air. Direct trains from London, connecting with the Eurostar from Brussels and Paris, also an overnight sleeper option.

Apart from ADLG, the Inverness area is a great place to visit with no shortage or Battlefields, Castles and ancient monuments to visit.
I'd be happy to assist with finding the best value places to stay and would happily be a tour guide to places like Fort George and the Culloden battlefield.
Also a battery of Outlander TV related sites to visits.

Keith

Dernière édition par keithmartinsmith le Dim Juin 13, 2021 11:59 am; édité 1 fois
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
AlanCutner
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Lun Avr 19, 2021 1:00 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Count me in. I've emailed you separately on another contact.
major highteeb
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Lun Avr 19, 2021 3:47 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Oh, very interesting !
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
Commodore
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Lun Avr 19, 2021 3:59 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Good news ! Count me ! Sending a PM
keithmartinsmith
Barbare

MessagePosté le: Lun Avr 19, 2021 4:30 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
A good response so far, so with just those that have responded so far have enough for a competition. Smile

The most likely date is the 4/5 September and the 11/12 as the backup. I hope to confirm the date and venue by the end of the month (April).

The T&Cs will go up once I've had v4 for a few days.

For anyone flying/training up that does not want to bring an army by public transport I can provide a fairly wide range of armies.

Tx
Keith
keithmartinsmith
Barbare

MessagePosté le: Jeu Mai 06, 2021 8:19 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
GOOD NEWS - The date will be 4th/5th September 2021

I have a venue provisionally arranged with space for 24 players in central Inverness. It has some complications so I still have two other possible venue options I want to investigate. The challenge is no one will take a formal booking until the Covid rules are firmer for that date.

So do not rush to book your travel yet!

It will be ADLG v4 200 points, details confirmed once I have a copy of the rules Smile

Keith
lionelrus
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Jeu Mai 06, 2021 10:25 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
You may tell the place the event would stand, Uk is large....
AlanCutner
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Jeu Mai 06, 2021 11:44 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
My wife and I are booked to spend a week in Inverness, but coming home exactly one week before the tournament. Wonder what the chances are of persuading her to delay the holiday by one week to avoid two trips to Inverness within a few days of each other....... Probably better plan on the two trips.
keithmartinsmith
Barbare

MessagePosté le: Mar Juin 01, 2021 6:28 pm    Sujet du message: UPDATE: On possible event in Inverness 4/5 September Répondre en citant
I've three possible venues lined up. I'm just waiting for confirmation from my favourite choice.

Keith
keithmartinsmith
Barbare

MessagePosté le: Mer Juin 09, 2021 9:46 pm    Sujet du message: 'Legions North' - Inverness 4/5 September 2021 Répondre en citant
More details to follow but a great venue has been booked for 4th and 5th September 2021.
Surrounded by hotels, good parking nearby, also a short walk from the train and bus station, also easy to get to from the airport!!

I'll get entry details up for the week-end.

Smile
Keith
Dickstick
Légat

MessagePosté le: Mer Juin 09, 2021 10:17 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Will the little woman let the English in?
Stuart Livingstone
Frondeur

MessagePosté le: Mer Juin 09, 2021 10:45 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Im looking forward to the update Very Happy
daveallen
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Dim Juin 13, 2021 8:03 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Count me in.

I'll check out the sleeper trains next week
keithmartinsmith
Barbare

MessagePosté le: Dim Juin 13, 2021 12:02 pm    Sujet du message: Possible ADLG event in Inverness in September/October Répondre en citant
Hi Dave, The Sleeper is great, I have used it a lot. It is much improved with the latest trains and carriages. If you know how to look it up, sometimes they still run the older rolling stock to Inverness. Then it's like you just entered a 1950's movie! Keith
Commodore
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Dim Juin 13, 2021 5:14 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
keithmartinsmith a écrit:
Hi Dave, The Sleeper is great, I have used it a lot. It is much improved with the latest trains and carriages. If you know how to look it up, sometimes they still run the older rolling stock to Inverness. Then it's like you just entered a 1950's movie! Keith

smoking compartment available ??

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Tournaments and Events
Page 1 sur 2 Aller à la page 1, 2  Suivante
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: