Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Placing terrain
Page 2 sur 2 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Auteur Message
Zoltan
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Lun Juil 05, 2021 10:50 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
@MC_Delicatessen:

P.75 right column bullet 5: "If at any point one player's half of the table has 3 or more terrain pieces........more than the other half, the next terrain piece is placed in the half of the table with the fewest terrain pieces.

The defender takes the compulsory and elects to chose 4 other pieces of terrain. The invader elects to chose 4 pieces of terrain. We now have 9 pieces of terrain to be placed. It is entirely possible that at some point during terrain placement one half of the table will end up with 3 or more pieces of terrain than are in the other half of the table. If so, the altered terrain placement rule is applied until such time as the difference between the number of terrain pieces in each half is less than 3. Thereafter, revert to the "usual" terrain placement rule.

Just ignore the superfluous second "more" - this could have been written ...3 or more terrain pieces than the other half...
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
MC_Delicatessen
Auxiliaire

MessagePosté le: Mer Juil 07, 2021 12:33 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Zoltan a écrit:
@MC_Delicatessen:

It is entirely possible that at some point during terrain placement one half of the table will end up with 3 or more pieces of terrain than are in the other half of the table.

No, it's impossible. Once there are 3 more, that's it, you have to place the next piece in the other half of the table.

LOL
Zoltan
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Mer Juil 07, 2021 8:30 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
MC_Delicatessen a écrit:
Zoltan a écrit:
@MC_Delicatessen:

It is entirely possible that at some point during terrain placement one half of the table will end up with 3 or more pieces of terrain than are in the other half of the table.

No, it's impossible. Once there are 3 more, that's it, you have to place the next piece in the other half of the table.

LOL

So we have 9 pieces of terrain to place. As Defender I start and my first 3 pieces end up in my half. My fourth piece must go in your half so now we are 3:1. My fifth piece can go in either half and lands in yours. So it’s 3:2. Your first piece can go anywhere and ends in my half so it’s 4:2. Your second piece can also go anywhere also ends in my half so it’s 5:2. Your third piece must go in your half so it’s 5:3. Your fourth and final piece can go anywhere and ends in my half so it’s 6:3.
Dickstick
Légat

MessagePosté le: Mer Juil 07, 2021 8:54 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Stop the ding dong
Your both playing the same tune now.
Zoltan
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Mer Juil 07, 2021 8:57 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Agreed. Let’s move onto something that’s actually important in the rules! 😆
MC_Delicatessen
Auxiliaire

MessagePosté le: Lun Juil 19, 2021 2:34 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Zoltan a écrit:
MC_Delicatessen a écrit:
Zoltan a écrit:
@MC_Delicatessen:

LOL

So we have 9 pieces of terrain to place. As Defender I start and my first 3 pieces end up in my half. My fourth piece must go in your half so now we are 3:1. My fifth piece can go in either half and lands in yours. So it’s 3:2. Your first piece can go anywhere and ends in my half so it’s 4:2. Your second piece can also go anywhere also ends in my half so it’s 5:2. Your third piece must go in your half so it’s 5:3. Your fourth and final piece can go anywhere and ends in my half so it’s 6:3.

6:3 - 3 more - exactly! Not "3 or more" more. FFS.

Of course, we can stop, but it is a little bizarre that there's a post earlier in the thread where someone has a 5-0 and a forum regular seemingly agreeing! Bizarre.
fdunadan
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Lun Juil 19, 2021 8:56 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
The earlier post was me and 5-0 was with V3, and the post was on the interest of the rule to escape that (rare but possible) situation.
the "more more" problem is a translation bug.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Page 2 sur 2 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: