Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
135 Abbasid Arabs can you have mixed units and lancers
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Army lists
Auteur Message
Ackostokie
Javelinier

MessagePosté le: Dim Oct 02, 2016 7:41 pm    Sujet du message: 135 Abbasid Arabs can you have mixed units and lancers Répondre en citant
Hi

In the army list 135, it says some of the spearmen and archer units can be substituted for upto 6 mixed médium spearmen and archers.

The doubt is it posible for me to take 6 mixed units and 6 heavy spearmen units. Or can you only have upto 6 units that contain spears?

Thanks

Phil
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Stephen
Archer

MessagePosté le: Lun Oct 03, 2016 2:20 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
You may have up to six Sudanese abid (mixed units) and/or up to six heavy spearmen but the combined total may not exceed 6 units.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un e-mail
Dickstick
Légat

MessagePosté le: Mar Oct 04, 2016 7:23 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
If you replaced the Archers with abid then the Spearmen are still available for selection.
JohnTheBoring
Auxiliaire

MessagePosté le: Mar Oct 04, 2016 10:50 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Dickstick a écrit:
If you replaced the Archers with abid then the Spearmen are still available for selection.

It says "Replace some spearmen and archers with Sudanese abid". So each abid replaces a spearman and an archer. Say, if you have 3 abids you have 0-3 spearmen and 0-3 archers left.
Dickstick
Légat

MessagePosté le: Mar Oct 04, 2016 12:48 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
[quote="JohnTheBoring"][quote="Dickstick"]If you replaced the Archers with abid then the Spearmen are still available for selection.[/quote]

It says "Replace some spearmen and archers with Sudanese abid". So each abid replaces a spearman and an archer. Say, if you have 3 abids you have 0-3 spearmen and 0-3 archers left.[/quote]

Why replace two for one?
Your abid each require one base of spear and one base of bow.
Each spear uses two bases of spear, like wise each bow is made of two bases of bow.

There is no restriction listed here like there is in the Burgundian ordonnance (235)
Or
Requirement to swap only bow and not spear like there is for crossbow in the Communal Italian (181).

I say swap a unit of abid for either a unit of bow or a unit of spear and each swap does not have to be the same as the others.
JohnTheBoring
Auxiliaire

MessagePosté le: Mar Oct 04, 2016 10:51 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
"Why replace two for one?
Each spear uses two bases of spear, like wise each bow is made of two bases of bow."

You are thinking in DBM/FOG terms. You use two bases you used for previous rules because that makes the size of a unit, but you should think of it as a single base.
Ackostokie
Javelinier

MessagePosté le: Mer Oct 05, 2016 6:43 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Thanks for the comments, I think the list is a bit vague, in the list you can have 6 bows and six heavy spearmen, so 12 units altogether. However with mixed units the maximum drops to half. Also they are a mixed unit of medium spearmen and bows, not Heavy spearmen and bows. Is this because the list writer was spreading the spearmen more thinly?

I was going to use it in a tournament this weekend, but because of the doubt I didn't want to use it. So im using my Kushites instead.
Dickstick
Légat

MessagePosté le: Mer Oct 05, 2016 5:06 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
[quote="JohnTheBoring"]"Why replace two for one?
Each spear uses two bases of spear, like wise each bow is made of two bases of bow."

You are thinking in DBM/FOG terms. You use two bases you used for previous rules because that makes the size of a unit, but you should think of it as a single base.[/quote]

You have the wrong end of the stick.
Clearly my attempt to use figure bases to explain failed to help you.

It is you that's taking two units and squashing them into one.

You replace in this list one unit for one.
Dickstick
Légat

MessagePosté le: Mer Oct 05, 2016 5:08 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
[quote="Ackostokie"]Thanks for the comments, I think the list is a bit vague, in the list you can have 6 bows and six heavy spearmen, so 12 units altogether. However with mixed units the maximum drops to half. Also they are a mixed unit of medium spearmen and bows, not Heavy spearmen and bows. Is this because the list writer was spreading the spearmen more thinly?

I was going to use it in a tournament this weekend, but because of the doubt I didn't want to use it. So im using my Kushites instead.[/quote]

Your maximum only exists for the mixed units you pick.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Army lists
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: