Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
When is a "Commander included in a Unit" in combat
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Auteur Message
Nostrebor
Archer

MessagePosté le: Lun Déc 22, 2014 12:45 am    Sujet du message: When is a "Commander included in a Unit" in combat Répondre en citant
When a "Commander included in a Unit" charges and makes contact with the enemy is he considered immediately in combat or is he not in combat until the combat phase?

This is primarily to determine when the extra CP point for being in combat should apply; ie. does the extra CP apply for future commands this turn or only for commands for the next turn if still in contact.

I hope the second case, but I thought I would ask.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Longtooth
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Lun Déc 22, 2014 9:00 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Page 50 (Melee) suggests that a unit is 'in melee' as soon as: (a) it is in contact with the enemy's front edge; or (b) it's front edge is in contact with the enemy.

On the basis of the above, I would suggest that the +1 CP modifier applies as soon as the general's stand makes contact with the enemy.
Soranon
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Lun Déc 22, 2014 10:52 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
You're rigth Longtooth ! Smile

As soon as the included general is in contact with the ennemy, you should apply the +1 CP modifier.

It's one of the weakness of included generals....
Longtooth
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Lun Déc 22, 2014 11:04 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I can't imagine why anyone would want to include a general in a unit. This option comes with too many disadvantages for the sake of three points!
Soranon
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Lun Déc 22, 2014 11:45 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I'm used to included my generals when I play Horse archers army. In this case it isn't a problem because my generals will dodge most of time and when I choose to go to figth, I always want my generals to take risk because I want to win quickly...
CheyenneRock
Légat

MessagePosté le: Lun Déc 22, 2014 12:59 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I agree with Soranon and also it allows some more points for an other unit and slightly increase the level of demoralization.
Soranon
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Lun Déc 22, 2014 1:26 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
For horse archer's army, it's important to have the most unit you can... With my Gazhnevid army, I have only expensive troops like elite Elephant ou HC bow... So playing included general is a way to have 20 units and an init of +2 or +3
CheyenneRock
Légat

MessagePosté le: Lun Déc 22, 2014 2:16 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I used the same philosophy to compose my Huns Hephtalites.
Nostrebor
Archer

MessagePosté le: Lun Déc 22, 2014 9:05 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I was planning on using an embedded ordinary general in the cataphracts of a Saka (Scythian) army. When the enter melee they either win or all die (at which point I don't need a general).
chris6
Vétéran

MessagePosté le: Mar Déc 23, 2014 8:46 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
But keep in mind that your catas will not die in one round, you may get a chance to rally the one or the other cohesion point. with the general in melee it costs an extra point.
chris6
Vétéran

MessagePosté le: Mar Déc 23, 2014 11:19 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
After reading the rules about rallying i am no sure anymore....

If a bg is in melee and the general who is in another bg is also in melee, do i have to pay 2 or 3 points for a rallying attempt for the bg without the general?
Soranon
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mar Déc 23, 2014 11:29 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
If you want to rally a unit and if your general is in melee, it will cost you :

- 1 point (and the free point of your general) to rally the unit with your general

- 2 points to rally another unit not in figth (1 + 1 for general in fight)

- 3 points to rally another unit witch is in figth (1 +1 for unit in fight + 1 for general in fight)

So be carefull with included general witch cant choose to be or not in fight...
chris6
Vétéran

MessagePosté le: Mar Déc 23, 2014 3:22 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Thx for the quick answer, then i was right with my understanding and yes, its always tricky if the general is in the fight. But sometimes he have to, like in medieval armies! What a general is that who is not joining the charge of his knights in bright armour with colors flying in the wind? Laughing
Soranon
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mar Déc 23, 2014 5:41 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
chris6 a écrit:
Thx for the quick answer, then i was right with my understanding and yes, its always tricky if the general is in the fight. But sometimes he have to, like in medieval armies! What a general is that who is not joining the charge of his knights in bright armour with colors flying in the wind? Laughing

English general of the 100 years war ! At last at the first half of the war... because at Castillon , John Talbot charge with his foot troops against french artillery and field fortification... The same silly thing that does French general at Crecy or Azincourt (and not agincourt as you english people are used to say ) Laughing

Putting your general in fight is sometime a very good idea. When you attack the end of a line with a support, you want to win quiclky :

An HI impetuous against a heavy lancer start à +2 against +1. If it have a support and a general in fight, it's +4 against +1 and with devastating charge... It could be a quick kill...

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: