Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Impetuous cavalry - in pursuit of evaders query
Page 2 sur 2 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Auteur Message
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Jeu Mar 21, 2024 11:36 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Ramses II a écrit:

Therefore I suggest it may halt with the others. 

1) It was part of the initial charge group.
2) All targets evaded.

Ergo it is chasing evaders. There is no section that narrowers to evaders in the contactable-path of the unit in question. That (if i can put words in your mouth so to speak) seems to be the structure you imply. I see that, but don't think that is the structure.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Neep
Légionaire

MessagePosté le: Lun Mar 25, 2024 1:47 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
When I first saw the question, I thought it was obvious the unit was not pursuing evaders. But the more I thought about it and studied page 43 the more I came around to Dan's view. Now I think section 8 refers to units collectively not individually.

Consider the following thought experiment. Apologies for not presenting it graphically.

A line of impetuous cavalry is ordered to charge an LH enemy opposite their rightmost unit. The LH is at an angle, just short of 45 degrees. Instead of orienting in the direction of the charge, the enemy LH evades directly back at an angle, crossing the path of every impetuous unit then escaping past the charge path. Now what? Do the impetuous horsemen stay where they are? advance 2UD and halt? No, clearly they all must advance full distance, even if this brings them past the LH now off their left flank!

I don't see how you can write a rule that distinguishes between units that must chase and those that do not have to. So, it is simple and necessary to make them charge full distance if any of the targets evade. Knowing this, the player can always tailor the group as appropriate.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Page 2 sur 2 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: