Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Dismounting questions
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Auteur Message
SteveR
Prétorien

MessagePosté le: Mer Nov 30, 2022 6:48 pm    Sujet du message: Dismounting questions Répondre en citant
As a product of the American educational system I have no knowledge of English Grammar and very little understanding of what a semicolon does. Indeed I view the semicolon with suspicion, as it seems vaguely foreign to me. Basically I just get by with periods and commas.

So I am slightly confused with page 21 and dismounting. Let me see if I have it correctly. Assuming that the army list itself does not specify otherwise of course.

Heavy Cavalry Bow. It looks to me as if it can dismount as:

1. Bow with Armor
2. Medium swordsmen with Missile support and Armor

at the players discretion - correct?

In addition, if it is Heavy Cavalry Impact Bow can it also add the choice to dismount as Heavy Spearman Armor with 3 cohesion points? Or does the impact override the missile weapon options and required dismounting as spear?

(and I am pleased that page 17 clearly defines missile weapons, and that Javelins are not included. Or I would be even more confused)
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
KevinD
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Mer Nov 30, 2022 7:14 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
If they are allowed to and choose to dismount,

HC Bw get to choose either LMI Bw or MI Sw support (all armored)

HC Impact Bw or 1/2 Bw must dismount as HI Sp Support Armor.

So,
Yes to your first question and no to your second and yes to your third.

Or at least that’s how I’ve always understood it. (Assuming, as you note, the list doesn’t override this with something else.

PS - independent clauses get a semi colon, dependent clauses get a comma….
SteveR
Prétorien

MessagePosté le: Mer Nov 30, 2022 7:44 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Thank you Kevin,

I agree with you that the use of a semicolon would seem to indicate that in the case of Heavy Cavalry Bow Impact (or as you say 1/2 bow) they must dismount as spear and lose their medium sword or bow option.

However, am also willing to bet that at the end of the day the "official" ruling, if any, will be the opposite and that the answer to question 2 will end up to be "yes"

But I might be wrong and the semi colon will stand as a shining example of multilingual precision.
Za Otlichiye
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Mar Déc 20, 2022 4:11 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Looks like bullet 4 overrides bullet 3, so HC Impact Bw or 1/2 Bw must dismount as HI Sp Support Armor 3 Cohesion. Semicolons don't seem to matter.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: