Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Ambushes and Groups
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Auteur Message
KevinD
Légat

MessagePosté le: Mer Sep 14, 2022 2:50 pm    Sujet du message: Ambushes and Groups Répondre en citant
The rules require all units in an ambush to form a valid group. (P 77, 7th bullet.)

Among other restrictions, group cannot contain both mounted and foot (other than LI). (P.10)

Q1 - Does this mean you ambush can’t contain both foot and mounted?

Sometimes it is permitted to dismount troops in an ambush when placed on the table.

Q2 - Does the ambush have to form a valid group before dismounting, after dismounting or both?

Q3 - If they are not a valid group (say you had 4 cavalry and chose to dismount 2 of them, or just had 2 MI and 2 cavalry) does the owner choose which units are placed by his opponent on his baseline (p 77)? (This might happen if you plan to dismount the cavalry but your opponents troop types actually on the table don’t allow you to do so.)

Q4 - Or is the whole ‘valid group’ in an ambush just supposed to mean facing in the same direction and touching corner to corner but not prohibiting ambushes from containing mounted and foot?
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
SteveR
Prétorien

MessagePosté le: Mer Sep 14, 2022 3:15 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Q1. They may not be combined. But you can use more than one marker to have two groups.

Q2 You may deploy them dismounted so the question is moot. There is no reason to put them on the table as mounted figures and immediately dismount after all.

Q3 Look at page 77 next to last paragraph. The one beginning with "if the player has made a mistake" if they are required to be a valid group and they are not this is a mistake

Q4. A think a valid group includes the definitions on page 10
MC_Delicatessen
Auxiliaire

MessagePosté le: Mer Sep 14, 2022 7:18 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Hmm - this line of questioning does not seem legitimate and seems like trolling. 
KevinD
Légat

MessagePosté le: Mer Sep 14, 2022 9:52 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
MC, I’m sorry you feel that way. I’m not trying to “troll†anyone, but genuinely want to understand which troop types are allowed to be in an ambush together and how this might affect their dismounting options. I don’t want the answer to this to be a surprise either to myself or my opponent mid-game.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: