Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Can Expendable Levies conform while in contact?
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Auteur Message
KevinD
Légat

MessagePosté le: Sam Aoû 20, 2022 9:51 pm    Sujet du message: Can Expendable Levies conform while in contact? Répondre en citant
The rules say Expendable Levies can’t contact enemy. However, can they conform? For example if at the end of melee the friend fighting the enemy died leaving the Expendable Levies alone in corner-corner or side edge to side edge, can they conform onto the enemy’s front edge or flank?

The rules don’t seem to prohibit conforming.

What about if the enemy is still in combat with another friend to the front and the Expendable Levy is side edge to side edge with the enemy flank? Can the Expendable Levy turn into the enemy flank and cause a flank attack?
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Dickstick
Légat

MessagePosté le: Dim Aoû 21, 2022 7:54 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
The expendable is already in contact so I believe it can remain in contact.

Difficult to see how side edge contact for the expendable was achieved. It's got to be so rare as not going to be a worry about troubling the rules for an answer.
lionelrus
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Dim Aoû 21, 2022 11:48 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Levies expendable follow all conforming rules.

Dernière édition par lionelrus le Ven Déc 23, 2022 2:41 pm; édité 1 fois
Za Otlichiye
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Sam Déc 17, 2022 11:18 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I'm looking at this in preparation of summarizing it and I realize the root problem is the text on page 42:

Citation:
War wagons (except those with blades), artillery and Expendable levies can never charge or move into contact with enemy to provide a support.

and page 53:

Citation:
Artillery, WWg and units behind a fortification, obstacle or Stakes do not have to conform.

Heavy artillery can only rotate, of course. It seems like that bladed WWg should not be exempted from conforming, while Expendable levies should.
And perhaps unbladed WWg, Artillery, and Expendable levies cannot move (conform) into main element contact at all.
MC_Delicatessen
Auxiliaire

MessagePosté le: Jeu Déc 22, 2022 10:37 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I heard MEG has a Xmas offer of an expansion with expendable levies with optional confirmation
lionelrus
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Ven Déc 23, 2022 2:42 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Za Otlichiye a écrit:
I'm looking at this in preparation of summarizing it and I realize the root problem is the text on page 42:

Citation:
War wagons (except those with blades), artillery and Expendable levies can never charge or move into contact with enemy to provide a support.

and page 53:

Citation:
Artillery, WWg and units behind a fortification, obstacle or Stakes do not have to conform.

Heavy artillery can only rotate, of course. It seems like that bladed WWg should not be exempted from conforming, while Expendable levies should.
And perhaps unbladed WWg, Artillery, and Expendable levies cannot move (conform) into main element contact at all.

What part of "Levies expendable follow all conforming rules" didn't you understood?
Za Otlichiye
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Ven Déc 23, 2022 4:53 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
What part of "This isn't a live game where a referee's snap decision would be useful. Can we have some thoughts on the ramifications of this dusty corner which is obviously inconsistent?" do you not understand? How exactly does a WWg conform?? (I'm assume it does not, but page 51 implies that possibility and I can't find a prohibition elsewhere.)
Apparently, you feel it's not your job to collect places where the rules could be clarified and improved. But please stop gaslighting away every issue.
lionelrus
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Ven Déc 23, 2022 6:42 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Za Otlichiye a écrit:
What part of "This isn't a live game where a referee's snap decision would be useful. Can we have some thoughts on the ramifications of this dusty corner which is obviously inconsistent?" do you not understand? How exactly does a WWg conform?? (I'm assume it does not, but page 51 implies that possibility and I can't find a prohibition elsewhere.)
Apparently, you feel it's not your job to collect places where the rules could be clarified and improved. But please stop gaslighting away every issue.

Une nouvelle fois, vous êtes le seul à trouver des incohérences, imprécisions et demandes de clarifications sur des points que vous êtes le seul à ne pas comprendre, même après que l'on ait éclairci le point. Donc j'ai deux hypothèses: ou vous avez les capacités intellectuelles d'un rutabaga et je vous suggère de changer de hobby, soit vous postez vos questions débiles parce que vous vous ennuyez dans votre coin, sans ami ni poisson rouge et que vos posts sont une sorte de thérapie.

En ce qui me concerne, et je suggère aux autres pédagogues de la règle d'en faire autant, je ne répondrais plus à vos posts.
Bonnes fêtes à vous.
DieselDave
Auxiliaire

MessagePosté le: Ven Déc 23, 2022 7:34 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Shall we all just calm down a bit...?
Za Otlichiye
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Sam Déc 24, 2022 12:27 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I've overlooked the new errata, Bladed WWg cannot conform from non-melee contact. They must pay 1CP to move. Perhaps page 53 is supposed to say "cannot conform" rather than do not have to conform". Translation error?
And on page 54 we find the prohibition of any WWg to conform from non-melee contact.

Rutabagas unite!

Dernière édition par Za Otlichiye le Dim Déc 25, 2022 5:17 am; édité 2 fois
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Sam Déc 24, 2022 1:16 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Ok, so this is another super rare situation where
  • one of the few armies that have expendable levies has
  • placed one of these units beside a friendly unit that is then 
  • charged (placing the expendable unit in support) and then
  • the friendly unit is destroyed in the enemy’s turn, leaving the expendable levy unit in contact with an enemy

If all these conditions are met, as Lionelrus has so eloquently said, the expendable unit can conform like any other unit. 

And a Merry Christmas / Joyeux Noel to all. 

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: