Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
146 Post Roman British
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Army lists
Auteur Message
AlanCutner
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Jeu Juin 23, 2022 8:43 am    Sujet du message: 146 Post Roman British Répondre en citant
Two queries on list

1. Can the Heavy Cavalry Impact Elite be taken if the CinC is not a strategist? List states "Only with Arthur from 495 to 539AD".

2. If the four Heavy Cavalry Impact Elite are taken can you still upgrade other Horsemen to elite? I think not as the impact cavalry are still Horsemen so use up the allowance of elites.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Three
Vétéran

MessagePosté le: Jeu Juin 23, 2022 11:02 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
1. No. Seems pretty obvious that Only with Arthur means exactly what it says.
2. No, the option to upgrade ithe Horsemen* is 4 in total, since the Impact HC replace Horsemen* then in my view the 4 in total still applies. This is consistent with many other lists where replacements or upgrades retain the (in total) limit. See page 87, left hand column, 2nd paragraph.
AlanCutner
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Jeu Juin 23, 2022 11:24 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Three a écrit:
1. No. Seems pretty obvious that Only with Arthur means exactly what it says.

I agree thats the likely meaning. But does Arthur always have to be a strategist - could he be bought as brilliant (just having an off day!)?
Three
Vétéran

MessagePosté le: Jeu Juin 23, 2022 1:30 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Very Happy
I suppose Arthur could have the odd off-day, maybe that would be prior to 495 and post 539, and that would mean no HC Impact anyway.
If you compare the list (101) in V3, the elite HC Impact are dated between 475 and 539, but there is no option to make Arthur a Strategist. This strongly suggests to me that the changes in V4 are deliberate and that if you want to have the elite HC Impact then you must have Arthur, and that he is a Strategist.

Of course this is only my opinion, perhaps it is the intention that this list is meant to be like the Hannibal in Italy section of the Carthaginian list, where there is no requirement to take Hannibal as the CinC, but a definite answer would have to come from those involved in drafting the list. I'd only go as far as to say that in my opinion the answers to your two queries are still No and No.
AlanCutner
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Jeu Juin 23, 2022 1:54 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Elsewhere its been pointed out that P86 answers Q1. The commander doesn't have to be a strategist.
Three
Vétéran

MessagePosté le: Jeu Juin 23, 2022 2:19 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I'd say page 86 sets out the general rule and the list note in green sets out the exception. If it doesn't then the "Only with Arthur" is both redundant and unnecessarily confusing. If it had said (as in V3) "Only from 495 to 539" then there is no problem, the HC impact are allowed irrespective of who the CinC is.
Again, it's only my opinion, but unless someone from the DT happens along to explain the intention behind it, "Only with Arthur" seems definitive to me.
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Jeu Juin 23, 2022 4:09 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Three a écrit:
Again, it's only my opinion, but unless someone from the DT happens along to explain the intention behind it, "Only with Arthur" seems definitive to me.

As a member of the DT, page 86, left column, last sentence is clear.

With "Arthur" does not mean Arthur is purchased as a Strategist. Named people are allow to be non-strategists. Unnamed people cannot be strategists.
Three
Vétéran

MessagePosté le: Jeu Juin 23, 2022 4:19 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Cool.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Army lists
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: