Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
How do you place a village
Page 2 sur 2 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Auteur Message
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mer Oct 06, 2021 6:02 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Za Otlichiye a écrit:

I'm still concerned about whether you can continue to try to select a river/coastal zone after you fail to get it; and whether you can try to select a river/coastal zone if you fail to place a village. I'm guessing the answer is no, but I'm not seeing it addressed in the rules.

It is clearly no. You cannot keep rolling. The rules clearly specify a process where you select roll then if you fail, you must pick "another...other than a river or coastal zone."
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mer Oct 06, 2021 7:05 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Mike Bennett a écrit:

Nope. If there is a river or waterway it must touch, otherwise the player chooses the sector. However the power of this is reduced as it must be placed after any river/coast and before the other pieces that are rolled for.

Mike, I don't know if you are writing shorthand, but I think p 75 says...
A) If there is a river or coast lets say on the North flank, then...
B) The Village may ONLY be in the North flank then...
C) Once you select which flank sector on the North, then you roll to see if it is touching or more than 2UD.

So one can never have a village on the flank away from the coast/river flank, even on a roll of 5-6.
Za Otlichiye
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Mer Oct 06, 2021 7:47 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Sorry I should have been clearer.
What I mean is - select a coastal area - fail - select a village
Then - select a coastal area - fail - select a marsh
Then - etc.
KevinD
Légat

MessagePosté le: Mer Oct 06, 2021 8:33 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Za Otlichiye a écrit:
Sorry I should have been clearer.
What I mean is - select a coastal area - fail - select a village
Then - select a coastal area - fail - select a marsh
Then - etc.

I think that’s fine - one bite at each apple.

However, I am assuming the second “select a coastal area†was actually “check to see if the village selected above is allowedâ€. I’d probably phrase it as:

1. Select a coastal area - roll - fail - select a village
2. Roll for the village selected above - fail - select a marsh (You can’t go back and select another coastal area at this point. Could you try for a river? Not sure but probably not.)

Or:

1. Select a village - roll - fail - select a coastal area
2. Roll for the coastal area selected above - fail - select a marsh
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mer Oct 06, 2021 10:45 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
The Defender may try to select a water feature (river or coast) and if he fails, he may select another terrain piece. He may try to select a village and if he fails, he may select a terrain feature other than a water feature (since he has already failed to get that terrain) 
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mer Oct 06, 2021 11:08 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Ramses II a écrit:
The Defender may try to select a water feature (river or coast) and if he fails, he may select another terrain piece. He may try to select a village and if he fails, he may select a terrain feature other than a water feature (since he has already failed to get that terrain) 

Precisely
Za Otlichiye
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Mer Oct 06, 2021 11:16 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Okay, I read the first paragraph on page 75 as saying you rolled for a village at placement. I now see that it is probably meant to be understood as analogous to a water feature and that you roll at selection time. So now my question applies to both village and water....

I'm still uncertain if my question is understood. A player may select 2 to 4 features. A water feature or village must be successfully rolled for before it can be selected.
I'm not suggesting that one can roll for water, roll for a village, roll for water, ... on one selection. Rather if they fail on their first selection, may they try again on their second? (and third and fourth) - assuming, of course, that the opponent has not selected it.

It would mean the odds of getting water if you really want it are 15 out of 16. (Although the opponent might try for it themselves and lay down a minimal rilver.)
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mer Oct 06, 2021 11:23 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Ahhhhh.

You are theorizing that each of the 2-4 selections could individually attempt.

No.
Za Otlichiye
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Mer Oct 06, 2021 11:30 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Yeah, I am. My brain gets stuck like that sometimes... Embarassed

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Page 2 sur 2 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: