Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
List 263
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Auteur Message
Black Prince
Prétorien

MessagePosté le: Jeu Mai 13, 2021 7:06 am    Sujet du message: List 263 Répondre en citant
The Order of St John list allows you have the Navarrese Company as an ally. Does that you can only have troops from the Navarrese Company subsection only?
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Longtooth
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Jeu Mai 13, 2021 7:36 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
It would be a pretty crappy ally if you used only Navarrese Company units.

I suspect that you can use the generic Navarrese options + Navarrese Company options in 1377-1378, and only the Navarrese Company options thereafter.

Jesse
Black Prince
Prétorien

MessagePosté le: Jeu Mai 13, 2021 10:20 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Thanks, I agree with you, I just check my logic was sound.
hcaille
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Ven Mai 14, 2021 6:09 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
You can use all units in list 240 except those noted "Not in Greece".
You cannot take English mercennaries for example
And you have to take the option "Navarrese company in Greece"
So you have to take at least 1 Italian Knight
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un e-mail Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
Black Prince
Prétorien

MessagePosté le: Ven Mai 14, 2021 6:30 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
hcaille a écrit:

Hervé thank you for making the Order of St John a much more playable list in V4.
Black Prince
Prétorien

MessagePosté le: Mar Mai 18, 2021 7:46 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
ALLIED CORPS
When adding an allied corps to your army, you
are required to include all troops with a minimum
of 2 or more units. Those with a minimum of 1
units are optional, before or after dividing the
number of minimum units required in the list?
After dividing the minimums of mandatory
units on the allied list, choices that have a
minimum of 1 unit are optional but must be
selected before recruiting any units with a
minimum of 0

Does mean if I only take the Navarrese Javelinmen from the main list and the optional units from the "Navarrese in Greece" I do not need to select a Navarrese and Gascon Knight from the main section?
madaxeman
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Jeu Mai 20, 2021 5:57 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Black Prince a écrit:
ALLIED CORPS
When adding an allied corps to your army, you
are required to include all troops with a minimum
of 2 or more units. Those with a minimum of 1
units are optional, before or after dividing the
number of minimum units required in the list?
After dividing the minimums of mandatory
units on the allied list, choices that have a
minimum of 1 unit are optional but must be
selected before recruiting any units with a
minimum of 0

Does mean if I only take the Navarrese Javelinmen from the main list and the optional units from the "Navarrese in Greece" I do not need to select a Navarrese and Gascon Knight from the main section?

The Navarrese is no different to any other list, almost all of which have this same structure. It starts with a list of 'common' troops ("Navarrese & Gason Knights..." etc) which can be used by all of the subsequent "special campaign" options (in this case "Navarrese in Greece"), and then has further options for "special campaigns".

These "special campaigns" options exist in almost all lists, and may add to, amend or replace some of the options in the first part of a list.

In list 240 the "Navarrese Company in Greece" adds additional compulsary and optional troops to those listed at the start of the Navarrese list. It does not change or replace any of the minima or maxima from the start of the list, which therefore remain valid.

If you take ANY optional (ie listed as "0-X") troops from ANY part of the list in an allied contingent, the rules on Allied Contingents are that you need to include ALL minima from ALL parts of the list - even where that minima works out as 1.

So, field any optional troops at all from any part of the list and you have to take a Gascon Knight.
Black Prince
Prétorien

MessagePosté le: Ven Mai 21, 2021 12:51 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Tim thanks for the reply. I thought that was the case but I want to check as it would have been useful the drop the Gascon Knight.
KevinD
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Sam Sep 18, 2021 3:35 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
hcaille a écrit:

Why do you have to take an Italian Knight? I thought the only compulsory troops are 2-4 (4-8 halved and rounded down) Navarese Javelinmen.

The list allows 2-4 Italian Knights, halved rounded down for being an ally is 1-2. However, the 3rd bullet on page 87 says troops with a minimum of 1 need not be taken (unless you take any troops with a minimum of 0) thus leaving you with 0-2 Italian Knights.

At first I didn’t know if not taking troops with a minimum of 1 referred to 1 before or after halving and rounding down.

However, given the example where 3-6 Noblemen becomes 0-3 and 2-8 warriors becomes 0-4 and these troops only become compulsory to the ally if any militia (0-5 halved and rounded down to 0-2) are taken. (See the note regarding “Militia units†at the bottom of page 87.) Thus the rule has to be that allied troops that are 1 AFTER HALVING AND ROUNDING DOWN are not compulsory to bring and the Italian Knights should be 0-2 (or 1-2 if you bring any troops whose minimum is 0).

Or have I missed something here?
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Sam Sep 18, 2021 5:23 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I don't believe you are.

V4 is different than v3, so I think El Kreator was talking broadly here.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: