Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Translation of "Conseils ...: La Cv san impact"
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Auteur Message
MarkC
Javelinier

MessagePosté le: Dim Déc 20, 2020 5:57 am    Sujet du message: Translation of "Conseils ...: La Cv san impact" Répondre en citant
Attila has written a post "Conseils pour Débutant: La Cv san impac" in the Tactiques section of the forums. http://www.artdelaguerre.fr/adlg/v3/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4681

For my own convenience and that of others, I have put it through Google translate and recorded the results here.
Attila a écrit:

Medium cavalry was the big forgotten of V2, heavy cavalry was too expensive, and lacking the impact capability, players shunned these troops and only included them if they were mandatory. In V3, they gained +1 in combat in the first turn against the MI and the HI when they are not attacking them head-on. However, this troop will always come after the heavy impact cavalry which outclasses it and will never hold out against the knights. The arc cavalry outclasses them too.

Strong points:
- maneuverable, with a movement capacity of 4 UD, accompanied by the general, it can make 3 movements for 2 CP plus the general's CP and therefore cover 12 UD, which can allow a bypass or a change of wing.
- ability to dodge.
- +1 bonus in the 1st round against MI.

Weak points:
- low melee ability against heavy troops
- fragile when it is shot.
- penalized by difficult terrain which impairs its maneuverability.

So what to do with these troops?

- a reserve: a group of 3 or 4 riders in column who can redeploy for 1 point. I stopped making medium cavalry and LH corps destined for soap, they always end up being pushed by heavy impact cavalry. Eventually they uncover the wing and the center of the army can suffer. A corps of 3-4 cavalrymen in reserve must wait for a bypass opportunity, the opposite has been reckless and uncovered, your reserve will create the threat. So I include them in a corps with a group of medium (shock) infantry or heavy infantry. You have to be commanded by a brilliant general or strategist.

If you got knocked down, she will sacrifice herself if that can give you time to finish off the opponent on the other side of the battlefield.
A corps of 3 Cv and 1 LH can be used as a reserve or else be placed in ambush entirely and make believe in a flank march. It can also be placed in flank march. Ordinary or competent command is enough, the general can be unreliable if you are missing points.

[img][/img]

Here, a Roman legion deploying with medium cavalry placed in reserve and in column awaiting an opportunity

It is a medium infantry corps covering the right flank of the legion which has the cavalry reserve. Note the elephant at the end of the line means that can support the cavalry if the latter is pushed by heavy impact cavalry.

Carthaginian lancers and behind them the reserve is placed in line on a road at 4 UD, which facilitates after a 1/4 turn a rapid change of wing of the column.

- plug the holes and cut the dodges: include one or two CVs in a body of heavy or medium pedestrians. As seen in a previous topic, they are used to block dodges

- hunt an infiltrated LH. Watch out for the LH javelin anyway.

- bring an overhang to flank. It can infiltrate a hole and threaten the flanks and rear of enemies.

Unless you have a historic encounter, Romans against Carthaginians for example, so you know your opponent, what is the point of taking for example 6 elite medium CV? ... Upgrading this kind of troops has no interest in my opinion. In a tournament, or if you don't know your opponent, you are wasting points. You have 2 points left, you don't know what to do with them, pay yourself the elite, why not, otherwise you'd better leave them as they are.

A word about heavy cavalry, its armor capacity allows it to do better, in V3 it costs 9 points, which is the price of an average bow or crossbow CV. In my Qin army, I still wonder what to choose. I concluded that I should take Avg Crossbow Vs if I take 4, to make a mounted sniper corps, and Heavy Vs if I split them into 1 or 2 corps.

Here are a few situations showing the usefulness of the avg / heavy CV.

Here is a fight between legionaries and Carthaginian veterans. The latter have a cavalry in reserve.

Suppose infantrymen make the hole. Either you can block him in your zone of control, or you threaten to flank him in this case.

Your opponent will think about getting you a mess and getting a [b] -3 [/ b] fight against the cavalry.

Here is another example:

It's up to the Carthaginians to play, each player has made the hole.

The Carthaginian player will exploit the hole thanks to his cavalry in reserve.

The veterans conform to their left on the hastati, the Punic cavalry rushes into the hole, in the next turn they will fall back on the flanks of a unit.

Voilà!

Other uses are possible. These are obvious basic principles, but sometimes we look for this medium / heavy CV which would have been very useful to us.
Attention to the use of the body of Cv + LH intended to make the bar, attractive and easy to use, and often weak point of the device, which led the players to sulk it.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: