Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Warfare 15mm & 25mm themes
Page 1 sur 2 Aller à la page 1, 2  Suivante
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Tournaments and Events
Auteur Message
madaxeman
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Lun Avr 24, 2023 8:36 am    Sujet du message: Warfare 15mm & 25mm themes Répondre en citant
Announcement for the 2023 Warfare Competitions

This year we're "sort-of" aligning the two periods to cover a similar timeframe, with the usual caveat of 25mm being slightly less restrictive in recognition of the fact the figures take longer to paint!

The themes will therefore be as follows:

15mm "Other Empires are Available": Any army valid between the two Western (Holy) Roman Emperors 456 - 801 CE (from the death of Valentinian III to the crowning of Charlemagne).
There are no geographical restrictions in this period, however only the minimum number of Cataphracts and/or Elephants can be taken in any list. This (of course) also means if you have a choice of fielding some compulsory troops as Cataphracts or HCv (etc) you have to take them as HCv. Minimum therefore means "as few as possible". Where you have llied contingents that have a compulsory minima of Cataphracts and/or elephants these allies are still allowed to be chosen.

25mm "Even More Other Empires are Available": The same idea, and same troop type restrictions, but also extending the datelines a little wider to 395-962 CE (from the partition of the Roman Empire to the coronation of Otto I by the Pope to (again) restore the Holy Roman Empire).

I'm only responsible for choosing themes, not actually organising the event,tickets will go on sale via the WAR club website in early May : https://wargamesreading.co.uk/warfare-2023

Provisional timings (subject to confirmation by WAR)
Saturday 0900-1130, 1215-1445, 1500-1730
Sunday 0930-1200, 1300-1530

List checker : Simon LeRay-Meyer the.urban.bunny@gmail.com
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
kevinj
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Jeu Sep 14, 2023 8:50 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Tickers are still available for this event. We currently have 17 signed up for the 25mm competition so it's shaping up to be the largest 25mm event in the UK this year. It would be great to get some more entries and even better if we can get to an even number of players.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Dickstick
Légat

MessagePosté le: Jeu Sep 14, 2023 4:55 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
The Mercian holds that accolade for this year currently at 20 players equaling warfares 20 for last year.

Edit: 16 players in 2022, 20 players were for 2021
Dickstick
Légat

MessagePosté le: Dim Oct 01, 2023 6:55 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Lists in by?
madaxeman
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Dim Oct 01, 2023 1:53 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
List deadline November 5th

An easy one to remember (remember...)
Mark G Fry
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Lun Oct 02, 2023 11:54 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
madaxeman a écrit:
List deadline November 5th

An easy one to remember (remember...)

Hmmm ... with the current state of UK politics & government you might find that I have failed to submit my lists as I have been otherwise occupied with my small business transporting oak barrels, in the City of Westminister, instead Laughing Twisted Evil

Remember, remember the 5th of November.
Dickstick
Légat

MessagePosté le: Mer Oct 11, 2023 10:55 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Are there any further ammendments to elephant/cataphracts minimums .
It is rumoured minimum two elephant some how is reduced to one ie 2 to 6 becomes 1. Is this true?
kevinj
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Jeu Oct 12, 2023 8:32 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I'm not sure where these rumours are coming from. The restriction is:

"There are no geographical restrictions in this period, however only the minimum number of Cataphracts and/or Elephants can be taken in any list. Allied contingents that have a compulsory minima of Cataphracts and/or elephants are allowed to be chosen."

So, if the minimum in your main list is 2, you can have 2.

It will be tricky to get any allies with Elephants as if the minimum is reduced to 1 when dividing by 2 they then become optional and therefore can't be taken.
kevinj
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Mer Nov 01, 2023 8:39 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
This is a reminder to players that the list deadline is next Sunday, 5th November but earlier would always be better Very Happy. The sooner the lists are all in the earlier we'll be able to publish the R&R.
Dickstick
Légat

MessagePosté le: Lun Nov 06, 2023 12:16 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I seem to be missing from the 25mm runners and riders?
Mark G Fry
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Lun Nov 06, 2023 7:04 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Dickstick a écrit:
I seem to be missing from the 25mm runners and riders?

Where is the R&R being published please?
(as I am not on Facebook if it is there)

Cheers
Mark
kevinj
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Mar Nov 07, 2023 10:32 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
For those who don't do Facebook, here is the R&R for 15mm:

And for those of us with the big toys, here's ours:

I've no idea why that image comes out larger, but it seems appropriate Very Happy

See you all at the weekend.
Mark G Fry
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Mar Nov 07, 2023 11:18 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
kevinj a écrit:
For those who don't do Facebook, here is the R&R for 15mm:

And for those of us with the big toys, here's ours:

I've no idea why that image comes out larger, but it seems appropriate Very Happy

That is an impressive field.
Cheers
Mark
madaxeman
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Ven Nov 10, 2023 2:36 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Round 1 draws for tomorrow morning: 25mm & 15mm.

If we have any late dropouts/new bookees for 15mm, Jesse Schoor will take the 1st round bye and we'll re-jig that draw by the minimum possible to accommodate any gaps. For 25mm, you are all hale and hearty fellows, skilled navigators and professional orienteers, so I'm sure you'll all make it anyway Smile

You should all have recieved instructions from WAR, but in essence:
- it's a 9am kickoff for the games,
- you can get in the halls through a side door ("The West Foyer") next to the car park instead of having to trail round to the front like last year.
- car park access is through the gate that is right at the end of the road that goes through the business/industrial park (technically Gate F, postcoded GU14 6TQ)
- you will be given a tournaments wrist band on arrival to keep all weekend - it is washable, so there are no excuses for any whiffy wargamers on Sunday please!

Kev or Me, or someone else ADLG-shaped are apparently supposed to be there ready and waiting to help check you in - I should arrive around 815-30 ish (I hope, traffic permitting), so we'll see how well that all works out for everyone on the day...

By the looks of it our tables are pretty much in front of this new entrance (I think..), which is at the far end of the hall down on the right hand side if you are walking away from the bit with the traders and cafe in it.

As always, the draw was done by Random.org, so if you don't like it, dont blame me, blame the internet/modern world/military industrial complex/sods law (delete as appropriate), and anyway it'll all work out in the wash by the end of the weekend.

For those who care (you know who you are!) the BHGS website now has the UK BHGS ADLG rankings updated to include all events in the 12 months prior to this weekend... [/img]
madaxeman
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Sam Nov 11, 2023 5:46 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Round 4 Draws and standings

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Tournaments and Events
Page 1 sur 2 Aller à la page 1, 2  Suivante
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: