Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
ADLG Theme Boundaries
Page 2 sur 2 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Tournaments and Events
Auteur Message
ethan
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Ven Oct 08, 2021 11:53 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
kevinj a écrit:
As Tm mentioned, given the fact that we have a new set of rules and have not been able to hold tournaments for over a year there has been a tendency to apply a simple process to period theming and the divisions in the rules have worked well enough until now. I've used the same principle for the rounds of the Northern League that I've organised. However, I agree that these divisions do not serve a number of armies well and plan next year to return to setting the theme periods by date. To that end I've come up with a set of periods that I think are reasonable and will look to use for next year's Northern League but I'd be grateful for any thoughts and especially if anyone sees any glaring anomalies that I've missed.

Periods:

Ancient: 3000 BCE - 501 BCE. By a strange conicidence this period finishes just before the start of the Classical Indians...

Classical: 500 BCE - 106 BCE*. This ends just before the Triumvirate Roman army starts.

Roman: 104 BCE - 492 CE*. From Triumvirate Roman to the end of Patrician Roman.

Dark Ages: 494 CE - 1049 CE. This finishes just before the availability of Medium Knights.

Feudal: 1050 CE - 1329 CE. From the introduction of Medium Knights until just before the availability of Heavy Knights.

Medieval: 1330 CE - 1500+ CE. The Heavy Knight period. This could stretch by a few years beyond 1500 if you want to include some of the very late options.

* The gap in these periods is to ensure that the armies that effectively start the later periods (Triumvirate Roman and Justinian Byzantine) don't sneak into the earlier periods. If this gap excludes any options please let me know.

This is an entirely reasonable list. I would add one more sub-period (possibly pending some more investigation) which is 1416-1500AD (the introduction of "real" longbowmen). I also think that any two adjaceant periods can be combined without doing too much violence to a theme. Do Roman+Dark Ages is ok as is Dark Ages + Feudal for instance.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
ethan
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Ven Oct 08, 2021 11:57 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
KevinD a écrit:
Another issue is how to handle New World armies - do they go strictly by date (in which case they just get killed by knights) or by technological development (i.e., they go in the early period).2

My real view is that these should not be part of "Ancients." They effectively exist in a different universe until after 1492 and it is a universe we know very little about and there isn't even an "enemy of enmey" kind of path to Romans vs. Maya or whatever.

If not that then they should be their own theme, but even this is ridiculous as it is a theme covering thousands of years and a theme relatively few want to play....

Other than that either let the dates fall where they may or consider adding them into Biblical themes as has been suggested.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Tournaments and Events
Page 2 sur 2 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: