Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Northern League 2021 - Round 1 Halifax, 1st August 2021
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Tournaments and Events
Auteur Message
kevinj
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Mar Juil 06, 2021 10:14 am    Sujet du message: Northern League 2021 - Round 1 Halifax, 1st August 2021 Répondre en citant
Subject to anticipated changes in current restrictions, the first round of the Northern League 2021 will be on Sunday 1st August 2021 at:

Belgrave Social Club.
277 Claremount Rd,
Halifax,
HX3 6AW

Please arrive at 09:00am for a 09:30 start to the games.

The Northern League is a series of one day competitions. We hope to have 3 rounds this year. Each is a separate event, so players my enter as many or few events as they wish. However, there is also an overall championship, for which this year all of each player's scores will be counted. The cost of each round is £5 per player. This is a Singles competition, but players may enter as a pair if they wish.

New players are always welcome.

Each event will consist of 3 games of 2.25 - 2.5 hours. For this event the first game draw will be based on army dates, although nobody will be drawn against anyone from the same club. The second and third game draws will be done using the normal Swiss system. Scoring will be the standard method from the ADLG website and each event's results will be submitted for UK and International rankings.

First game draws for future events will be based on each player's current overall position, with the proviso that nobody will be drawn against anyone they played in the previous round.

The rules to be used are L’art de la guerre Fourth Edition 2021.
This year we’ll keep the themes simple, using the periods in the book.
The theme for this round is Ancient, Classical and Roman. Armies must come from one of these sections i.e. Lists numbered 1-123.
If you would like to play but don’t have a suitable army please get in touch as I will probably be able to lend you one.

Army Lists should be sent to Mick Hood (mh014c5606@gmail.com) two weeks before the event.

The venue has a bar but food is not available and there are no shops nearby. They have not advised us of any special restrictions/conditions.

The dates for the other rounds are currently being fixed, we are currently hoping to have these in September and November but cannot confirm the dates and venues at this time.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Dickstick
Légat

MessagePosté le: Mar Juil 06, 2021 2:44 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Wait until most of players are going to entoyment , then NEC, then issue a completion. That way you just get the locals who will not travel.
I see you have that plan already.
Nice one Kevin

Edit
These are a good crowd to join for a day of games .
Recommended.
Gutted about choice of date.
kevinj
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Mar Juil 06, 2021 2:51 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
After over a year of no tournaments trying to schedule anything is a nightmare, especially when we have to consider 2 groups of players. I don't reckon many of our regulars will be going to Entoyment and NEC is just one day this year, so if anyone wants a full weekend of ADLG fun they can now indulge. Very Happy

But seriously, we needed to wait until we were fairly confident that the restrictions woud allow it and we could get one of our venues to take a booking.
madaxeman
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mer Juil 07, 2021 4:48 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I actually think it’s brilliant that Adlg can support 3 events on the same weekend spread all across the country - not many rule sets since the heyday of DBM could have done that 

With 200+ players in the rankings before Covid, and a number of new faces already entering the handful of events that have been announced so far, getting maybe 50-odd to play in the same weekend is absolutely doable 
kevinj
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Ven Juil 09, 2021 8:17 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Back in 2019 we were getting 18-20 players a round. If those numbers are slightly down for this one that's probably not a bad thing.
vexillia
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Ven Juil 09, 2021 8:37 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
This shows the level of ADLG in the Northern League:

Full details & numbers - https://blog.vexillia.me.uk/2019/12/northern-league-2019-review.html
vexillia
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Mar Juil 13, 2021 12:40 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Runners & riders?
Robert241167
Archer

MessagePosté le: Mar Juil 13, 2021 1:41 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Easy tiger !!!

List deadline 2 weeks before event so not there yet.

Are you playing?  Smile

Rob
vexillia
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Mar Juil 13, 2021 2:43 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Not this time. I hope to do the last two rounds.
kevinj
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Dim Juil 18, 2021 11:40 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Just a gentle reminder that if you want to play in this round please send a list to Mick at mh014c5606@gmail.com.
kevinj
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Mar Juil 27, 2021 9:29 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Here are the runners and riders for this round:

And here's the provisional first round draw:

See you all on Sunday.
Longtooth
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Mer Juil 28, 2021 1:20 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Looks like an interesting mix of armies.....would be nice to see Dave Ruddock's list once the event is finished, as I am painting up a Sabir army myself.

Jesse
kevinj
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Lun Aoû 02, 2021 9:40 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Here are the results for yesterday's first round:

The next round is provisionally set for 19th September in Leeds, we are just finalising details with the venue. The theme will be Dark Age/Feudal.
Dave_r
Javelinier

MessagePosté le: Lun Aoû 02, 2021 3:53 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
My Sabir Hun army was:

Terrain: Steppe, Forest
Pre Battle Initiative: 1

Brilliant General
6 Medium Cavalry Bow
4 Medium Swordsmen Impetuous

Competent General
6 Medium Cavalry Bow
2 Light Foot Bow

Ordinary included General
6 Medium Cavalry Bow

The army is designed to throw out a mass of firepower. If you shoot across a fourteen wide frontage then you _should_ disrupt at least four elements per turn. Which if nothing else usually dissuades your opponent from charging, at which point you shoot him up some more. These were my second, third and fourth games with the army :) Only a single practice against the Ptolemaic army, which I destroyed.

This did work to an extent. As I discovered, having a PBI of 1 was not grand as I did get held in my deployment zone. The shooting was powerful and having 18 MC to get round flanks was also extremely useful. The Medium Foot were essential - everybody will put terrain down against this army so they are a must, meaning you can't get the Strategist.

Everybody was surprised about the PBI and me not having any elites.

What I will change: Need some Light Horse to up the scouting. Can't get better generals. Don't think there is an army in this sort of period that gets this amount of MC Bow.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Tournaments and Events
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: