Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Translation of "Conseils ...: La marche de flanc"
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Auteur Message
MarkC
Javelinier

MessagePosté le: Ven Déc 18, 2020 9:24 pm    Sujet du message: Translation of "Conseils ...: La marche de flanc" Répondre en citant
Attila has written a post "Conseils pour Débutant: La marche de flanc" in the Tactiques section of the forums. http://www.artdelaguerre.fr/adlg/v3/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4864

For my own convenience and that of others, I have put it through Google translate and recorded the results here.
Attila a écrit:

Here is a spectacular maneuver that tempts many players. Some cannot resist the temptation. I heard a player who said he tried 4 flank marches in 5 tournament games.
I'm not a big fan of this bet though, and while I've rarely tried it, I'm not sure I've made the right decision every time.
The flank march depends on the situation, I agree. It depends on the army, the deployment you imagine, the terrain, the troops you are likely to encounter. And yet why bet on a random overflow and deprive yourself of a part of your army?

Basic principles of flank marching:

They emanate from personal reflection, my conviction of the moment. The beginner must analyze them. He can admit them or refute them, find ideas, move on to others, later he will make his own convictions. They will depend on his style of play, his own armies, his whimsical character or his whimsical side ...

* The first principle that seems important and fundamental to me is the following. The flank march must be considered as soon as the army list is drawn up. What do you mean ? This is not a response to a situation, an opportunity to be seized. My opponent is going to be overwhelmed if my flank march goes in, yes but here we are, we've all seen some great flank steps that never fit or in a turn of demoralization.
How to envisage it from the design? How can we say that this body, and only this one, can be set in motion from the side?

Make a body of 4 units. This well-known tactic is to leave the opponent in doubt when you tell your opponent that you are rolling your dice for your invisible body. You don't say, I roll my die for my ambushing body or my die for my flank marching body. You say to your opponent, "I roll my dice for the body you don't see on the table."
What can this body be made of?

It can be a Cv + LH reserve body. You don’t estimate the usefulness of this body on the table, you don’t see how to exploit it, so drown the fish with a mock ambush and flank it.
It can be impetuous levies as among the Crusaders or medieval French.
I've seen players make 4 HI corps, each their own after all.

* Make a corps that is no more than ¼ of the demoralization of your army. A corps of 6 in an army of 24 may be intended for the flank march.
What to put in this body. Obviously not your elite troops. It can be a medium infantry corps, CV corps with a few light ones (although I find them more useful on the table), heavy or mediocre medium infantry mandatory ... in short, it is not a hitting corps, but rather what would likely be a target for your opponent.
In any case, players who compose with mixed corps should not consider the flank march. Their bodies are Swiss Army knives that they deem necessary to overcome any situation, so they will fail them.
It can be the body that you have put together to make a refused wing or pivot with the center if you see that the ground is completely blocked.

* Never attempt a flank march against an army that you suspect to have mounted more than ¾ of its strength. The Mongols, Jurchen, Huns and others will redeploy if the terrain is favorable and you may only gain one camp (and you will struggle if it is fortified). If the flank march is slow, you will be swept away if your opponent concentrates his troops in one body.

* Never attempt a flank march with a mass army. Experience has shown me that you need all your troops on the table. Your mediocre troops will be swept away and you need to fill in the gaps, outflank and flank. You lower your demoralization threshold, and give the opponent the opportunity to balance the number of units and you are then outclassed in quality.

* Consider a flank march against an army suspected to be almost entirely made up of pedestrians. Obviously, she is the one that struggles the most to redeploy. That doesn't mean you have to do it every time!

* Never attempt a flank march if the player is protecting a wing with a coastal area. This is obvious too, as the player is going to do a rejected wing leaning on the sea.

Do you try the flank march?

No, the player will take support on the coastal zone and make a refused flank. Do not deprive yourself of your 3rd body. Its two sides are protected, it will be necessary to break the wing ...

* Only attempt a flank march if the terrain and your troops protect you from overflows. This is actually what hangs in your face, because of the absence of the 3rd body.

* 18, is the limit demoralization threshold I set for myself if I have placed a flank marching corps. Clearly this means that I never consider setting up a flank marching corps if my army is less than 24 demoralization points, knowing that I do not allow myself more than ¼ of my flank marching troops.

Note that these considerations apply to the 200-point games. At 300 points and more, a 4th corps makes it easier to consider a flank march. But that's an impression I have, because I have little experience in this kind of game and I will give the floor to those who have.

To conclude, I would say that the flank march is a risky bet that can put the beginner in difficulty if he tries. I did it like everyone else, but in the end it remains a very small percentage on all of my games. I remain convinced that it is from the design of the list that a corps can be assigned to a possible flank march. And finally, I often need all of my bodies, when I put them together they have a very specific role. I rarely can do without one.
It is the fact of playing certain armies, made up of certain types of troops, that now leaves me to consider setting up a flanking corps if the occasion is favorable.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: