Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Early Samurai
Page 3 sur 3 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Army lists
Auteur Message
Soranon
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Dim Fév 07, 2021 4:09 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Elite elephant are an absolute nemesis for your MI swordmen bow elite. Unless you choose to play significant numbers of HI 2HCW elite, you should avoid field and brush at all cost. Plantation and ravine are your best friends, as the village if you can be defender.

Classical Indian are very difficult for a samurai army :
- MI dont like elite elephants
- Kn are the best troup in open against your MI or HI

You should try to be defender, try to take 5 terrain and choose the village if you can because your opponent can't cancel it. One option is to take the river but I think it's too defensive.

The problem with playing too defensively is that unless your opponent is really confident, he will never accept to play the way you want him to play. You have to take initiative somewere on the battlefield if you want to win. Your cavalry can be very good at this, especialy if you can support it with MI bow.

Stay far away elephant.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Black Prince
Prétorien

MessagePosté le: Mar Fév 09, 2021 5:53 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Would steep hills be a better choice than plantations or woods?
Soranon
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mar Fév 09, 2021 10:35 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Black Prince a écrit:
Would steep hills be a better choice than plantations or woods?

Plantation is a good terrain for your MI elite. It only prevent shooting at more than 1 UD inside. If your samouraïs are just at the border of the plantation, they can shoot at usual range with a -1 malus and have cover.

Woods are clearly the worst terrain because it limit shooting range and disorder MI.

If you can't play brush or ravine, and you need terrain for protecting your elite shooters, marsh is often better than a steep hill because you can shoot through it. Hill sometime prevent shooting...

Taking a difficult terrain is always "the better of bad choices". If you dont need to secure your MI troops, it's better to avoid taking them, except the village witch is the best terrain to secure your camp
Black Prince
Prétorien

MessagePosté le: Sam Fév 13, 2021 6:46 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
The early Samurai won the game last night. The Samurai won the initiative roll and decided to defend in plain, I selected field compulsory, village, a gully and two plantations. one plantation was on the enemy's back line and the gully was in the middle of my middle deployment zone. The village when down in the middle of the flank zone just short of the half way line. I placed an ambush in the village which scared off my opponent. The other planation went down on my side just short of the half way line in my centre deployment zone. The Indians had a couple of fields on their side. I had near perfect terrain for my army.

My shooting was crap even when I shot at the Indian medium mediocre cav I did not cause any hits. all game I only to shoot off the stampeding herd and an Elephant. The Melee dice were even split and Samurai had the better of the combats.

Thanks for your advice on terrain it makes a big difference.
Black Prince
Prétorien

MessagePosté le: Mar Mai 04, 2021 12:44 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
While I wait for my copy of V4 to makes its way to Oz would someone like to explain the changes in this list between v3 and v4? Thanks.
thierry
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mar Mai 04, 2021 5:58 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Hello Black Prince
The Early Samurai V4 Very Happy

Black Prince
Prétorien

MessagePosté le: Mar Mai 04, 2021 6:28 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Thank you, that looks very interesting changes, the Sams look cheaper and the followers are now optional- I like that . Also I can now have some light infantry. I had better place an order for some.
Dickstick
Légat

MessagePosté le: Mar Mai 04, 2021 9:14 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Pity ashigaru dropped yari for naginata.
kevinj
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Mar Mai 04, 2021 9:48 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Yes, you win some and you lose some! It's also interesting to note that the Light Cav are no longer time restricted and can be elite.
Soranon
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mar Mai 04, 2021 1:58 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
The major changes for Samurais list :

- no more compulsory HC
- Medium swordmen bow cost 1 point less
- 0-4 LI bow
- no more compulsory Ashigaru. Instead, you can take 0-8 Medium swordmen, ordinary ou mediocre.
- Samurais army have +3 command instead of +4
- no more emishi but 0-2 LH box, ordinary or elite

It's a very interesting list.
Jhykronos
Auxiliaire

MessagePosté le: Mar Mai 04, 2021 8:27 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Dickstick a écrit:
Pity ashigaru dropped yari for naginata.

Yari weren't used during this period.

Then again, nor were Katana, but the Samurai sword (Tachi in this period) was always a sidearm to some sort of bow or polearm anyway.
Black Prince
Prétorien

MessagePosté le: Mar Mai 04, 2021 10:16 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I think this list comes out better for the changes.
Jhykronos
Auxiliaire

MessagePosté le: Mer Mai 05, 2021 1:38 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Black Prince a écrit:
I think this list comes out better for the changes.

It's certainly flexible now, only 28 points of required troops!

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Army lists
Page 3 sur 3 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: