Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Interpenetration of evade blocking troops
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Auteur Message
AlanCutner
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Dim Juil 21, 2019 1:40 pm    Sujet du message: Interpenetration of evade blocking troops Répondre en citant
On another thread , http://www.artdelaguerre.fr/adlg/v3/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7879, it has been suggested that evading LC cannot wheel to align and interpenetrate angled mounted troops within 1UD (P38, step 3, 2nd bullet). There are two interpretations I can see

1. After the initial turn the LC are not aligned with the blocking mounted troops, so can only avoid them with a slide (if possible). Noting that if the blocking mounted troops were 1.1UD away the LC could then wheel to interpenetrate.

2. After the initial turn the blocking troops are mounted which could be interpenetrated if the LC wheel. So they can do so.

Which is correct?
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Zoltan
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Dim Juil 21, 2019 7:34 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
As I’ve said in the OP, the RAW only supports option 1 - only the initial turn by evaders is permitted before determining whether they face an obstacle, and interpenetrations by LC are only permitted if they are perfectly parallel to the mounted friends to be interpenetrated.

Personally, I favour option 2 but feel the RAW needs a tweak (the v.4 suggestions forum now seems to be closed).
AlanCutner
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Dim Juil 21, 2019 7:54 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Citation:
As I’ve said in the OP, the RAW only supports option 1 - only the initial turn by evaders is permitted before determining whether they face an obstacle, and interpenetrations by LC are only permitted if they are perfectly parallel to the mounted friends to be interpenetrated.

1. I wonder if the French rules are any different.
2. The rules state the blockage is "a friendly unit that it cannot interpenetrate". It is a unit that can be interpenetrated (albeit not with the current facings) so it can be argued that the possibility of a wheel is implied.
3. If the mounted were aligned with the direction of charge the LC could wheel to direction of charge and interpenetrate!

I simply find it odd that a wheel to interpenetrate is allowed at 1.1UD but not at 0.9UD. Is this intended or are we back into 'barkerese'?
Zoltan
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Dim Juil 21, 2019 11:34 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I also find this interpretation odd and would prefer a less strict interpretation of “oriented in the same or opposite direction†by some players as meaning “perfectly parallelâ€. Thus, those players argue that the friends (within 1 UD) can NOT be interpenetrated as the LC would first need to wheel in order to be “oriented in the same or opposite directionâ€. As no wheel is explicitly permitted on p.38 (just a 90 or 180 degree change in direction by the would-be evader), ipso facto the friends can NOT be interpenetrated.

I don’t agree with this argument and would like to see LC have more flexibility in evading through nearby friendly mounted.
ethan
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Lun Juil 22, 2019 11:12 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
AlanCutner a écrit:

I simply find it odd that a wheel to interpenetrate is allowed at 1.1UD but not at 0.9UD. Is this intended or are we back into 'barkerese'?

I believe this is intended. Many things in the rules are designed to prevent LC from being overly flexible and difficult to kill.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: