|Posté le: Mar Juin 11, 2019 12:52 pm Sujet du message: How to contribute to the V4 rules thread
|The author of the rules (Hervé CAILLE) has officially announced his intention to publish V4 of the L’Art de la Guerre rules by the end of the year. The objectives of this new version are:
- To integrate and consolidate the amendments and FAQ clarifications.
- To clarify definitions by adding a lexicon.
- To make some minor changes to fine-tune the balance of troops
- Review and correct army lists.
This is a process intended to simplify, clarify and correct some imperfect points, but without revolutionary changes to the rules.
For this task, Hervé has decided to rely on the Technical Board:
- Patrick Lefebvre will coordinate everything related to the rules.
- Hubert Bretagne will coordinate the corrections to the army lists.
These two projects will start immediatley with a general consultation phase of the player community. All ideas and suggestions concerning V4 of the rules and the army lists should be presented in this thread, following the intentions and objectives set by Hervé for the evolution of the rules.
This is a brainstorming process; the ideas will be collected here but there will be no debate. The analysis and the synthesis of the suggestions will be made by the TB which will then submit them to Hervé for his decision.
To facilitate processing, each idea or and proposal should be submitted using the following format, and should contain a single subject related to either the rules or lists:
- The subject must begin with the word "Rules" or “Lists”, then describe in a few words the object of the suggestion. For example: Rules: Sliding in a ZOC
- Each post should deal with only one problem, idea or suggestion
- The suggestion should be presented as follows:
- the page references in the rules or FAQ
- the general problem stated in 2 or 3 short sentences
- the proposal formulated in 3 or 4 sentences
Subject: Rules - Elephants attacking a fortified camp
Reference: Rules p 12 and 59
Problem: The rules describe elephants as mounted (page 12). As a result, when attacking a fortified camp, they must throw a “6” (see page 59). This does not fit the historical use of elephants which were often used to break gates and palisades.
Proposal: When attacking a fortified camp, consider elephants to be “infantry”. They would therefore succeed on a “5” or “6”.
Finally a reminder; there will be no debate or discussions of the proposals, this is not the objective of this thread. The task of analysis and synthesis is the responsibility of the DT.