Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Another conforming question
Page 3 sur 3 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Auteur Message
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Lun Avr 08, 2019 10:21 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
AlanCutner a écrit:

I think the TB ruling has complicated things and is a mistake.

I fear so. And possibly rushed.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
ethan
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Mar Avr 09, 2019 11:22 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Yeah this has some major implications for game play and will significantly advantage more expensive troops actually...
Zoltan
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Mer Avr 10, 2019 3:11 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
So doesn't look like this DT ruling has made it into the just-released FAQ.
Black Prince
Prétorien

MessagePosté le: Mer Avr 10, 2019 7:49 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
How often would you move through a 1UD gap if one of the enemy units is not in melee or threaten with a charge? If I moved into a gap which had a loose enemy unit on one side I would be concerned about being charge in the flank or am I missing something?
AlanCutner
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Mer Avr 10, 2019 8:45 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Black Prince a écrit:
How often would you move through a 1UD gap if one of the enemy units is not in melee or threaten with a charge? If I moved into a gap which had a loose enemy unit on one side I would be concerned about being charge in the flank or am I missing something?

There are situations this could occur
1. An impetuous unit pursues into the gap.
2. Being hit in the flank by that particular unit may be preferable to being hit by an enemy to its rear (the pursuit takes it out of reach of the rearward unit).
3. Further tactical situations .........

However the owner of the flanking unit may prefer to attack a different unit its not in contact with, eg. the flank of an enemy included general on the other side. Does it have the choice?
Zoltan
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Mer Avr 10, 2019 9:00 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
FAQ p.9 does have 3 examples showing when you can/can’t enter or move through the gap. Unfortunately, example 3 appears to still contain an error from the previous version. A1 can NOT conform onto the flank of B2, as (unlike with B1) it does not start behind B2’s front edge.

Are you thinking what I’m thinking?
😏
AlanCutner
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Mer Avr 10, 2019 1:20 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Great shame the ruling on this didn't make it into the FAQ. We could really do with some further clarification with some urgency. Or, in my view, a reversal of the TB ruling.
Longtooth
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Mer Avr 10, 2019 8:20 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Hi Alan,

Was this issue not already cleared up on 01 September 2018? Refer to page 9 of the most recent FAQ.

Jesse
Zoltan
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Mer Avr 10, 2019 10:17 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Longtooth a écrit:
Hi Alan,

Was this issue not already cleared up on 01 September 2018? Refer to page 9 of the most recent FAQ.

Jesse

Hi Jesse
I can't see anything on FAQ p.9 that clarifies the situation Alan gave at the start of this post and the subsequent TD ruling recorded in this thread on 1 April. This is probably simply a timing issue on getting the latest FAQ (as at 31 March) translated and published.
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mer Avr 10, 2019 10:37 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Zoltan a écrit:
FAQ p.9 does have 3 examples showing when you can/can’t enter or move through the gap. Unfortunately, example 3 appears to still contain an error from the previous version. A1 can NOT conform onto the flank of B2, as (unlike with B1) it does not start behind B2’s front edge.

This I have learned was a translation problem as the French draft is clear. the DT is aware of this.
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mer Avr 10, 2019 10:40 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
AlanCutner a écrit:
Great shame the ruling on this didn't make it into the FAQ. We could really do with some further clarification with some urgency. Or, in my view, a reversal of the TB ruling.

There are a few issues I have heard of.

The DT had finalized the draft of the FAQ before this issue came up.
There is a danger of too rapid FAQ changes.
Key members of the DT are travelling right now.

So revert to the prime directive. Stop being a Barkerese rule lawyer and go back to having fun. This I hope will be addressed in due course, in the fullness of time.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Page 3 sur 3 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: