Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Another conforming question
Page 2 sur 3 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3  Suivante
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Auteur Message
harryKonst
Archer

MessagePosté le: Sam Mar 30, 2019 6:04 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Page 37, continuing a charge. top left page. If there is going to be a clarification, (which I didn,t know so far) its fine. You have it in your hands and is about to be announced?
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
harryKonst
Archer

MessagePosté le: Sam Mar 30, 2019 6:12 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Yes, I saw it now, I wrote wrong page number. It is on page 36 and 37. The move to contact someone as a support is totally legal.That's not my argument of course.The argument is that when this happens simultaneously with a charge (corner to corner) on another enemy unit you can choose the support option instead of the charge. Again, if you have a clarification, glad to read it.
Zoltan
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Sam Mar 30, 2019 7:01 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
If Y was a light infantry unit (or a LMI bow) wanting to move into a support position with X, and B is NOT light troops (or troops LMI bow aren’t permitted to contact frontally), would Y be permitted to make corner to corner contact with B even though it opts to support Y?
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Dim Mar 31, 2019 10:03 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Zoltan a écrit:
If Y was a light infantry unit (or a LMI bow) wanting to move into a support position with X, and B is NOT light troops (or troops LMI bow aren’t permitted to contact frontally), would Y be permitted to make corner to corner contact with B even though it opts to support Y?
I would say NO.
Whenever a unit moves into contact, it must make a 'legal' move, so must comply with the other restrictions (eg the unit restrictions that you quote, enemy ZoC, etc).
Commodore
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Lun Avr 01, 2019 8:51 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
After DT check :
For this specific case, if unit Y move in corner to corner contact with both A and B, as B is not fighting anyone, it is a legal contact and Y has to conform to B.
It is not optional, it is mandatory.
Zoltan
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Lun Avr 01, 2019 5:52 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Commodore a écrit:
After DT check :
For this specific case, if unit Y move in corner to corner contact with both A and B, as B is not fighting anyone, it is a legal contact and Y has to conform to B.

So all the experts have been playing this incorrectly. 😬
AlanCutner
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Lun Avr 01, 2019 7:47 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
This needs to be added to the FAQ as most of us have been getting it wrong.
Mike Bennett
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Lun Avr 01, 2019 8:26 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
If X and Y were a group which hit A on the edge and B on the corner only would Y still split from X and align on B
harryKonst
Archer

MessagePosté le: Mar Avr 02, 2019 10:30 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Mike, in Greece since we started playing ADLG , about two years ago, we all played it this way. In our example when units X and Y as a group, contact units A and B (B on its corner by Y) the units split, because we have 2 different charges that have to be resolved. We never considered unit Y to stay in support position in spite its charge on B.
AlanCutner
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Jeu Avr 04, 2019 9:53 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Variant on a theme.

Units X and Y charge as a group but are offset vs A and B so they both contact A, with X having the main contact. Y does not contact B at all at this stage. X and Y used all their movement to make contact. They now conform using the extra 1UD allowed. So Y slides across, now contacting B - I assume it therefore becomes a charge on B and must conform. However it doesn't have enough movement to fully conform so just moves as far as it can, fighting in that position.

Correct?
Zoltan
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Sam Avr 06, 2019 5:56 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
AlanCutner a écrit:
Variant on a theme.

Units X and Y charge as a group but are offset vs A and B so they both contact A, with X having the main contact. Y does not contact B at all at this stage. X and Y used all their movement to make contact. They now conform using the extra 1UD allowed. So Y slides across, now contacting B - I assume it therefore becomes a charge on B and must conform. However it doesn't have enough movement to fully conform so just moves as far as it can, fighting in that position.

Correct?

No.

The TD has made it clear that if Y contacts B it is considered a new charge/melee situation and Y must fully conform to B. In your variant example this implies Y must slide sideways by more than 1 MU in order to fully conform; and yes certain people (he knows who he is) might say this is another example of a rules inconsistency. But it’s likely to be an infrequent occurrence and surely its not the end of the world?

I guess if I were short of pips I could use this as a device to get two charges in when I only had enough pips for one charge. Blessed are the cheesemakers!
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Sam Avr 06, 2019 8:47 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Just for completeness, I have already raised this and an even more extreme example with the TB. 
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Lun Avr 08, 2019 7:14 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Zoltan a écrit:
Commodore a écrit:
After DT check :

So all the experts have been playing this incorrectly. 😬

Was travelling. Just saw this. Yes appears so, including the author have been doing it wrong.

Well we will see when the DT FAQ is released in English.

Effectively you can now cover 1 UD wide gaps it appears.
Zoltan
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Lun Avr 08, 2019 7:55 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Hazelbark a écrit:
Well we will see when the DT FAQ is released in English.

Effectively you can now cover 1 UD wide gaps it appears.

Implication appears to be that you can’t pass through a 1 MU gap between two enemy units; as soon as your unit kisses the corner of an enemy unit you are obliged to conform and MAY NOT pass through the 1 MU gap.

Where I destroy an opponent in a melee line creating a gap, in my turn I have the option (non impetuous) to pursue into the gap. If I chose not to pursue, during my next move (assuming the melee is still going) am I prohibited from advancing into the 1 MU gap or indeed moving straight through it and out the other side?

But as you say, let’s wait for the holy writ...
AlanCutner
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Lun Avr 08, 2019 8:38 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Zoltans post raises another query. A unit kills its opponent and pursues into the gap. One of the enemy units its now in side edge contact with also kills its opponent so is now unengaged. Is it mandatory to conform to the unit that pursued?

I think the TB ruling has complicated things and is a mistake.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Page 2 sur 3 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3  Suivante
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: