Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Warring States Chinese at 300 points
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Army lists
Auteur Message
Dazedmw
Javelinier

MessagePosté le: Lun Mar 11, 2019 11:21 am    Sujet du message: Warring States Chinese at 300 points Répondre en citant
So Cancon in Oz is 300 points next year which means either expanding a current army or starting a new one. The tournament is supposed to be themed at the first three periods.

My issue is I have hardly played a game at 300 points (always 200) so am struggling with my list a bit. I have been considering Warring States as they are one of the few lists in early periods that can get heavy chariots and significant numbers of heavy foot.

Anyway, my current draft list is as below. Any thoughts?

https://ibb.co/GHh3WZ3
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Dazedmw
Javelinier

MessagePosté le: Dim Mar 17, 2019 6:43 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
"Any thoughts? "

I guess not then!
daveallen
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Dim Mar 17, 2019 8:10 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I don't have the rules to hand at the moment so I can't talk specific lists, but here's how the 300 point game is different.

Firstly, scale:

The table is about 50% larger in area, but only 25% greater in width.

Terrain pieces are only 16% larger (6UD to 7UD)

Armies are 50% larger and you get an extra command, but you still have the same number of Commander points. With all Ordinary Generals you go from 6-12 PIPs to 8-16. With a Strategist, two Brilliant (and an Ordinary) you go from 9-16 to 11-20.

1) Terrain has less effect (ie tables won't be as cluttered)

2) Flanks are less threatened (50% more units to cover 25% more frontage)

3) Command and Control is both weaker and more important.

Bearing in mind you can expect to have significant terrain on at least one flank, but as most of the table will be open you only need a few MI for the closed flank and a smallish Horse Archer wing for an open flank, no more than the 3 LC you need for initiative and 3 or 4 MC CBw. The rest of the army can be HI and Impact mounted. For my part I prefer 2HW over Impact for HI, but the other way around for MI, since the army will be mostly HI it's probably best to take the 2HW option. Maximise your elite and always take the best generals permitted.

Take a look at the lists on https://www.madaxeman.com/adlg/tiki-index.php?page=Warring+States for a general idea.

[/list]

Dernière édition par daveallen le Dim Mar 17, 2019 3:58 pm; édité 1 fois
Mad Max
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Dim Mar 17, 2019 3:37 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I'm not familiar with this army or with the 300 points but i can't see the use of the single charriot unit in the 2nd command. Might be better to have it with the other single charriot of 1st command.
Think about CP (foot and horse mounted unit cannot group) and screen your charriots with LF
Dazedmw
Javelinier

MessagePosté le: Mer Mar 20, 2019 8:31 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Thanks, something to think about.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Army lists
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: