Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
How deal with Quantity has it only Quality
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Others topics
Auteur Message
Black Prince
Prétorien

MessagePosté le: Mar Déc 04, 2018 10:13 am    Sujet du message: How deal with Quantity has it only Quality Répondre en citant
Having read Tim's latest AAR and the use of a large army to win over the smaller better quality armies.
A friend of uses the Spartacus Slave Revolt army and typically places 33 to 35 bases on the table for 200pts. When I use a non-knight army it is a real uphill battle to beat (I usually don’t) Spartacus. Even my Greek Pikes or Elephants cannot seem to smash through before their flanks get mobbed. What is the best way to beat an army that significantly out numbers your army?
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
ethan
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Mar Déc 04, 2018 12:23 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I think you need to do a couple of things and it depends on the nature of your advantages.

At a basic level you need to aim for one flank of the larger army though and skirmish on the other side (or at least delay contact). You need to balance two equally important goals. You have to insure that your attacking force is in a good position to succeed, not overlapped, not vulnerable to a flank attack, etc. Sacrifice lesser troops if needed to save your strike troops. Second, you need to hit and break-through in a such a way that you can exploit that victory to finish off the enemy.

Don't get distracted by sending your important troops off to an isolated part of the table to vaporize some small part of his army, this will wind up with you lacking troops to finish him off where it matters.

If you can engage pretty broadly, it is ok to give up a flank (just make it as slow as possible) to have a major engagement where you have a lot of advantages. If I had impetuous knights against Spartacus I would do my best to line up 10+ knights aim for either the left or the right, throw away a bowment slightly refused on my open flank and then count on blasting through a 10 wide hole in the line. It would then be a PITA to turn knights around to finish Spartacus off, but probably doable.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
madaxeman
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mar Déc 04, 2018 5:13 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Kinda like how i ended up playing inmy last game at the Worlds 2018 with Alex Mac against Julian’s large army, but with less panic and faffing around before accidentally stumbling on the best tactic...

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Others topics
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: