Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
80 Warring States
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Army lists
Auteur Message
muz177
Gladiateur

MessagePosté le: Mer Nov 28, 2018 5:26 am    Sujet du message: 80 Warring States Répondre en citant
The list nominates Sun Pin as a strategist (Chi'n in 351 -341 BC)
The list includes a Qin Option.

1. Do you need to use the Qin option in order to select the strategist?
2. Are the options similar to Allies (ie can only utilise one option)?
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
madaxeman
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mer Nov 28, 2018 9:01 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
muz177 a écrit:
The list nominates Sun Pin as a strategist (Chi'n in 351 -341 BC)
The list includes a Qin Option.

1. Do you need to use the Qin option in order to select the strategist?
2. Are the options similar to Allies (ie can only utilise one option)?

Strategists are named individuals with specific date and geography restrictions, so Sun Pin will be only available in line with his historical sub-nationality or dateline.

If a list has various sub-nations you can only pick from one of them

Another thread has clarified that a Strategist "can have a day off", so you don't need to use a Strategist general to use troop options specifically named as being theirs - the most commonly used example being you don't need to take a Strategist Hannibal in order to take the "Hannibal in Italy" options from the Carthaginian list. But I can't see how the opposite could be true
lionelrus
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mer Nov 28, 2018 11:00 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Warring states chineses can't have allied, even a warring states internal allied. So you can't mix different options and the strategist must be included in a ch'i optioned army.
You probably will tell me there is no troop with ch'i option. This means you have to choose your troops in the main list.
MKennedy
Javelinier

MessagePosté le: Mer Nov 28, 2018 1:44 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
lionelrus a écrit:
Warring states chineses can't have allied, even a warring states internal allied.

Correct.

lionelrus a écrit:
So you can't mix different options and the strategist must be included in a ch'i optioned army.
You probably will tell me there is no troop with ch'i option. This means you have to choose your troops in the main list.

Sun Pin (also spelled Sun Bin) was a Strategist and Commander of the Qi state (also spelled Qin or Ch'in and some times misspelled as Ch'i). (See Wikipedia for correct spellings.)

So, unlike Sparticus in list 83 who is required, Sun Pin is not required in a Qin list. But, if you do use him, the Qin option must be used.
lionelrus
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mer Nov 28, 2018 4:54 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
i was surprised to see unknowed ch'i dinasty in ruleset....
Davros
Barbare

MessagePosté le: Mer Nov 28, 2018 5:21 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Sorry, but I disagree. For the period in which you can select Sun Bin as a strategist, he fought for the kingdom of Qi, not Qin. (He had a previous military career in Wei, where it would not be accurate to classify him as a strategist, especially the period in which he lived in a pigsty pretending to be mad.)

Qi does not get any special troops in this list, unlike most of its rival states. Qi (long after Sun Bin's death) was the last of the seven major warring states to be swallowed up in 221BCE by Qin, whose King Zheng then declared himself emperor (Qin Shi Huang Di).

So the Qin option would not allow you to have a strategist.

I think that part of the problem here is that all the Chinese lists use a confusing mixture of Wade-Giles and Pinyin transliteration schemes. List #80 mostly uses the rather archaic Wade-Giles, so you have options for: Yueh (Yue in Pinyin - not one of the seven major states, and most of which was conquered by Qi); Chao (Zhao), Yen (Yan) and Wei (Wei); Ch'u (Chu); Han (Han) and Qin (the list now switches to Pinyin here rather than referring to Ch'in).

I think the the various states' optional troop types are all plausible, though you could make the case that the main list's heavy chariots should probably be impetuous rather than impact, and that all states should have access to one or two light cavalry and elite and/or armoured guard units.

G

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Army lists
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: