Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Does conforming count as movement
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Auteur Message
Black Prince
Prétorien

MessagePosté le: Dim Oct 07, 2018 6:57 am    Sujet du message: Does conforming count as movement Répondre en citant
When a base conforms automatically after being hit in the flank by a pursuit in the previous turn does that count as movement so the base cannot attempt to rally?
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Dickstick
Légat

MessagePosté le: Dim Oct 07, 2018 8:57 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
The unit does not conform after being contacted in the flank on the previous turn.
In conforms after mêlée in the mêlée turn .
Ie the previous turn.
See p54
So in the units turn it can rally
Black Prince
Prétorien

MessagePosté le: Dim Oct 07, 2018 10:06 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
The contact happened as the result of a pursuit the way the sequence of play reads on p26 rout and pursuit happens after the melee phase. As base to base conformation happens at the end of the melee phase not the end of turn. If I read the sequence of play correctly the base contacted in the flank can only conform its turn hence my question about does conformation count as movement.
Dickstick
Légat

MessagePosté le: Dim Oct 07, 2018 10:32 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Sorry didn't see the word pursuit.
You have two choices in your movement.
Conform for free or pay to rally and fight with a flank attack.
I'd do the first.
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Dim Oct 07, 2018 3:03 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Hmm. I don’t have the rules to hand right now, but I don’t think Conformation counts as a ‘move’ as such, so I think you can both conform and attempt a Rally. 

But a good question worth checking with the TB
daveallen
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Mer Oct 24, 2018 2:11 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Black Prince a écrit:
The contact happened as the result of a pursuit the way the sequence of play reads on p26 rout and pursuit happens after the melee phase. As base to base conformation happens at the end of the melee phase not the end of turn. If I read the sequence of play correctly the base contacted in the flank can only conform its turn hence my question about does conformation count as movement.

This is covered by the FAQ p.16 Timing of Conformation 3rd b.p:
Citation:
During a pursuit, if the pursuer contacts a new enemy. If that new unit is not automatically destroyed it must conform with the front of the pursuer.

So the unit can attempt a rally during its turn. ie the following turn.
Zoltan
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Mer Oct 24, 2018 9:07 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
So just to be clear:

It’s my turn
1. In my move I rout your unit which is removed. I then elect to pursue 1 MU into the flank of your second unit (your first unit had previously made a quarter turn out of line towards my unit, to protect the line’s flank).

2. Because your second unit was so close to it’s routed friend, it became disordered.

3. As soon as I contact your second unit in the flank it makes a free, compulsory quarter turn to conform with my pursuer.

It’s your turn
4. Your disordered unit can pay 1 CP and attempt to rally (or is it 2 CP because we are in combat)?

5. We fight a melee with base factors only i.e. as this is not a charge we do not count impact etc.
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mer Oct 24, 2018 10:18 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Yup Zoltan, that sums it up nicely. 
And it would be 2CP to rally since by definition the units are in melee (p50) as soon as contact is made. 
Black Prince
Prétorien

MessagePosté le: Mer Oct 24, 2018 8:37 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Thank for clearing that up.
lionelrus
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Jeu Oct 25, 2018 10:31 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
However, it's a good idea to include this in the following fAQ.
madaxeman
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Jeu Oct 25, 2018 10:49 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
lionelrus a écrit:
However, it's a good idea to include this in the following fAQ.

suggestion:

Citation:

This is covered by the FAQ p.16 Timing of Conformation 3rd b.p:
Citation:
During a pursuit, if the pursuer contacts a new enemy. If that new unit is not automatically destroyed it must conform with the front of the pursuer immediately it is contacted (ie this conforming takes place in the pursuit phase).

[/b]

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: