Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Road and Coastline
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Auteur Message
L9000
Archer

MessagePosté le: Jeu Sep 13, 2018 2:38 pm    Sujet du message: Road and Coastline Répondre en citant
I have a simple rules question. If there is a Coastline present is it possible to have a road end at the coastline ? Or does it have to curve to exit another table edge? (assuming there is no village)
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Commodore
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Jeu Sep 13, 2018 3:48 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
no the road has to turn toward the table long edge
Karstjager
Barbare

MessagePosté le: Jeu Sep 13, 2018 6:46 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Why has the road to turn toward the table long edge? Confused
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Jeu Sep 13, 2018 9:24 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Karstjager a écrit:
Why has the road to turn toward the table long edge? Confused

because by rules it can't end at the coastline. so it has to go somewhere. It could stop at a village IIRC.
Dickstick
Légat

MessagePosté le: Jeu Sep 13, 2018 10:11 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
P68
Road must link two table edges or table edge and village.

If you ask about the entirely 2 UD from long table edge and coast for camp placement you will get no answer.
Probably because no one thought of it when the 2 UD rule was added
A Nelsons blind eye?

As written one cannot pick a road if a coastal zone without a village is selected.
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Ven Sep 14, 2018 12:48 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Dickstick a écrit:
P68
Road must link two table edges or table edge and village.

If you ask about the entirely 2 UD from long table edge and coast for camp placement you will get no answer.
Probably because no one thought of it when the 2 UD rule was added
A Nelsons blind eye?

As written one cannot pick a road if a coastal zone without a village is selected.
I am not sure what you mean by "the 2UD rule", could you expand please.

As far as I am aware a road does not have to be straight, the only constraint is the length must not exceed 30UD. So there is nothing to prevent the road paralleling the coast, or from paralleling the long edge with a bend at the end to avoid the coastline.
Dickstick
Légat

MessagePosté le: Ven Sep 14, 2018 9:17 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
P68
"The placement of the road is up to the player but if a road is placed along the table long edge it must be placed entirely 2 UD away from this table edge in order to allow placement of the camp. "

So to bend a road by / near a coastal zone takes its path into the deployment zone of the camp.
As a camp cannot be placed over a road as p69 this restricts the camps choice of placement.

Normally this is self inflicted but depending on how other terrain lands could be used by opponent to stop a camp hiding amongst terrain.

It's not a big issue but more of a niggle requiring umpire time again and again.
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Ven Sep 14, 2018 3:10 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
If a player is attempting to use a road to prevent the dpeloyment of an enemy camp then the player should be banned.

WRG introduced so much hate into gaming.
fdunadan
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Ven Sep 14, 2018 8:01 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
And road are not that large... event if the road is alongside the coastal zone, you can nevertheless put your camp 2 UD away and not adjacent to the coast

If the opponent try to place the road to prevent the placement of your camp, he must leave a 2 UD band with the long side of table, so still plenty of space for a camp.
Dickstick
Légat

MessagePosté le: Dim Sep 16, 2018 8:49 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
So how far from the coast do you bend it into the camp deployment area.?
What is acceptable?
Rules say zero if one understands the meaning of the word "entirely ".
French I spoke to didn't
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Dim Sep 16, 2018 9:38 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
If we were to apply the "2 UD rule" strictly, that would prevent a player from laying a road that went from one long edge to the other, or indeed from using any part of a long edge, which I do not believe is the intent. That said, It is also clear the "2 UD rule" is intended to prevent players from using the road to restrict the deployment of a camp - so placing a straight road from a short edge that meets the long table edge at a shallow angle should be prohibited.

Perhaps we need to amend the "2 UD rule" to be
Citation:
If a road is placed between the short edges it must be placed at least 2 UD away from the long table edge in order to permit the placement of a camp. Where a road ends on a long table edge it must be perpendicular to the edge for the last 2 UD

Thoughts?
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Lun Sep 17, 2018 12:10 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I beleive that would legalistically solve a problem that mostly isn't a problem.

You are sort of saying a raod cannot be diagonal in the first two UD of the board fwiw.

I reallly don't think think this needs a rule. A statement of intent somehwere even forum maybe.
AlanCutner
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Lun Sep 17, 2018 3:39 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Or just amend the rules to state a camp can be placed on a road - which would seem reasonable anyway.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: