Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Target Units in Charge
Page 3 sur 3 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Auteur Message
Korik
Archer

MessagePosté le: Ven Sep 14, 2018 3:45 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Thanks Commodore, look forward to them Smile
daveallen
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Ven Sep 14, 2018 4:08 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Here's what the rules author said two years ago:

hcaille a écrit:
I see that this point seems not clear.

In general case, the attacker can choose to stop after 1 UD (ou 2 UD if mounted) if the target unit evade.

If attacker is Impetuous it must pursue to all it's movement allowance (adjusted by the die if ennemy flee).

Example : A Cavalry is face a LI at 2UD and just behind the LI there is an ennemy HI.

If the cavalry charge it can stop after 2UD before contacting HI. If Cavalry is too close (less 2 UD) , it may have to charge HI.

Impetuous Cavalry is not forced to charge a LI if it's charge can contact HI so it is not mandatory for the Cavalry to charge (see P41 uncontrolled charge 9th bullet) .

If impetuous cavalry chooses to charge it cannot stop after 2 UD : it have to contact the HI.

Is it more clear ?

http://www.artdelaguerre.fr/adlg/v3/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4813&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45

In the example from this thread, if you specify only the LH evaders as the target of the charge you do not charge the HC unless you are impetuous mounted.
AlanCutner
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Ven Sep 14, 2018 4:21 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
We seem to have gone full circle. So for my original example (LC in front of HC) Herve tells us the LC can be specified as the target, and if its more than 2UD to the HC they don't have to be contacted (excluding impetuous unit charge). But the charging player has the option of continuing the charge into the HC.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
daveallen
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Ven Sep 14, 2018 5:40 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
AlanCutner a écrit:
We seem to have gone full circle. So for my original example (LC in front of HC) Herve tells us the LC can be specified as the target, and if its more than 2UD to the HC they don't have to be contacted (excluding impetuous unit charge). But the charging player has the option of continuing the charge into the HC.

No, that isn't what's being said.

You can:

1) Declare a charge on the LC only.

In which case non-impetuous chargers will stop prior to hitting the HC revealed by the LH. There is no choosing to then carry forward the charge onto the HC. There will be a VMD which might limit how close the chargers get to the HC.

2) Declare a charge on the LC and the HC if revealed by an evade.

There is no option to stop short of the HC and only a VMD if the HC also evade.

3) Declare a charge by direction only.

This is pretty much the same as 2) unless by units not permitted to contact the HC, eg LC. But it also means that if the HC are 4.5 UD from the chargers they can be hit if the VMD is long.

Dave
Dickstick
Légat

MessagePosté le: Ven Sep 14, 2018 6:33 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I'll find out what way the french play this tomorrow!
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Ven Sep 14, 2018 6:40 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
AlanCutner a écrit:

I see what I was saying 100% supported by El Kreator's quote.
Dickstick
Légat

MessagePosté le: Ven Sep 14, 2018 8:20 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
So are we saying p36 would be more helpful to say nominates target (s) as well as direction.
Dickstick
Légat

MessagePosté le: Ven Sep 14, 2018 8:54 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
And end of paragraph top right p36.
Last sentence with "only stops" add to end " or moved it's minimum "
ethan
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Sam Sep 15, 2018 1:43 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Hazelbark a écrit:
AlanCutner a écrit:

I see what I was saying 100% supported by El Kreator's quote.

IF you include the bits that I said. You can declare the LC a target and not the HC. This is important as it could prevent the HC from evading.
fdunadan
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Sam Sep 15, 2018 9:19 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
No, it will no prevent thecavalry from evading...

You declare a charge on the LH, then the LH evade. You can then either make a 2 UD move and stop OR continue up to 4 UD to contact another ennemy at 4 UD or less (and this ennemy can evade if possible) OR make a roll if there is no one else at range and make a move of 2 UD minimum and up to the modified movement.
if this modified movement allow you to contact an ennmy, he can evade and there is no new modifier to you.
AlanCutner
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Sam Sep 15, 2018 10:09 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Given the different opinions still being given a FAQ would be useful.
ethan
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Dim Sep 16, 2018 2:46 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
fdunadan a écrit:
No, it will no prevent thecavalry from evading...

You declare a charge on the LH, then the LH evade. You can then either make a 2 UD move and stop OR continue up to 4 UD to contact another ennemy at 4 UD or less (and this ennemy can evade if possible) OR make a roll if there is no one else at range and make a move of 2 UD minimum and up to the modified movement.
if this modified movement allow you to contact an ennmy, he can evade and there is no new modifier to you.

I can see circumstances in which you would not want to allow the HC the option of evading. So you declare a charge on only the LC, choose to stop after moving 2UD and the HC cannot choose to evade.
Zoltan
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Dim Sep 16, 2018 8:37 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
So if the enemy LC was 1 UD away from the chargers, and the enemy HC 2 UD away (i.e. hard up against the LC’s rear), ipso facto the HC would (automatically) also be a charge target as mounted chargers must move at least 2 UD?
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Dim Sep 16, 2018 11:51 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Zoltan a écrit:
So if the enemy LC was 1 UD away from the chargers, and the enemy HC 2 UD away (i.e. hard up against the LC’s rear), ipso facto the HC would (automatically) also be a charge target as mounted chargers must move at least 2 UD?

This is easy.

Ethan is positing what if the HC were 3 UD away. I think it can still option.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Page 3 sur 3 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: