Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Interpenetration dodge
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Auteur Message
AlanCutner
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Dim Sep 02, 2018 9:33 pm    Sujet du message: Interpenetration dodge Répondre en citant
In a game today we had a situation where a unit was in a gap less than 1UD wide, between other friendly units - it could fit because it was at an angle to the other units. There was no way it could slide to escape from the gap. However the owning player found a way out using the 4th bullet on P29

Units can temporarily overlap adjacent friendly units during a wheel provided they do not end their move overlapping them

As written this meant the blocked unit could wheel though a friend (effectively interpenetrating with a part of its base) and end up in front of that friendly unit. Taken to an extreme it means anything can be interpenetrated if the moving unit is wheeling. We both agreed this was not the intent of the rule, but as written is very clear.

Have we missed something that stops this?
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Mike Bennett
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Dim Sep 02, 2018 9:43 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I think it only applies to adjacent units ie those lined up side edge to side edge next to you. It then allows the unit to wheel even though the back of the base kicks out a bit as it does so. It does not, and is not intended, to apply to nearby, but non adjacent units like the situation you describe
Mike Bennett
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Dim Sep 02, 2018 9:43 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I think it only applies to adjacent units ie those lined up side edge to side edge next to you. It then allows the unit to wheel even though the back of the base kicks out a bit as it does so. It does not, and is not intended, to apply to nearby, but non adjacent units like the situation you describe
AlanCutner
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Dim Sep 02, 2018 10:04 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I agree this is the intent. But if so its badly written. I see nothing to stop the type of interpenetration I describe above.
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Dim Sep 02, 2018 10:24 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I agree with Mike. The 4th bullet needs to be read in conjunction with the 1st diagram below that illustrates the point.

Because of this, I am not sure it needs a FAQ, though I agree the wording is a little inadequate, and could refer to the relative positions of the adjacent units.
Perhaps 'aligned and touching' rather than "adjacent".
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Lun Sep 03, 2018 2:27 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
AlanCutner a écrit:
I agree this is the intent. But if so its badly written. I see nothing to stop the type of interpenetration I describe above.

So Alan. This is where the Scot in you should rise up and yell "FREEDOM!" from Phil Barker and the tortured text he made us believe was necessary.

Laughing

I am a bit serious actually.
Mike Bennett
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Lun Sep 03, 2018 8:59 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Alan

What about the need for it to be an "adjacent" element. For me that is not met and so the interpenetratuon is blocked
AlanCutner
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Lun Sep 03, 2018 8:10 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I agree 'adjacent' is the relevant word. And I think we can choose to interpret that as 'starting in contact and aligned' - though that isn't clear from the text, and is difficult to defend in the middle of a game. A FAQ would be useful but is not urgent.
AlanCutner
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Mer Sep 05, 2018 8:04 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Thinking this further there are situations where a unit does not start in contact with unit that it needs to overlap when wheeling. So a better rule woud be along the lines

A wheeling unit can temporarily overlap another friendly unit when wheeling as long as its front edge does not overlap at any time during the wheel.

I suggest an FAQ/amendment along these lines.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: