Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
List 156-Khazar
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Army lists
Auteur Message
Croaker9999
Frondeur

MessagePosté le: Mar Juin 26, 2018 5:35 pm    Sujet du message: List 156-Khazar Répondre en citant
Hi All:

Looking for some advice for a Khazar List army 156. My goal is to have an initiative +4 and a break point 24+ w/ one Micro cmd.
I would like to maximize the HCav Bow and Impact(6).

List below has 11 HCav Bow & Impact.

Fortified Camp 6 pts

Cmd1 - 88 pts
x1 Inc Gen Competent Elite HCav Bow 13 pts
x1 Ordinary HCav Bow 11 pts
x4 Ordinary HCav Impact 40 pts
x4 Ordinary LH Bow 24pts

Cmd2 (Micro Cmd) - 39 pts
x1 Inc Gen Competent Elite HCav Bow 13 pts
x2 Ordinary Hcav Impact 20 pts
x1 Ordinary LH Bow 6 pts

Cmd3 - 67 pts
Brilliant General C&C 6 pts
x1 Bowmen Mediocre 5 pts
x2 HCav Bow 22 pts
x1 LH Bow 6 pts
x3 Medium Swordsmen 21 pts
x1 LI Javelin 4 pts
x1 Levy 3 pts

Thanks for the input.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mar Juin 26, 2018 8:36 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
lose fortified camp, levy and mediocre bow.
Put 2 LC in each Corps.
I'd drop miccor corps to zero command. IF you rally want the +4 then make the other competent brilliant.
Your micro Corps, depending on how you want to use it make it all elite. The bow general is not going to fight, but you may want to consider fighting now he's ordinary impact will be useful, still bow he is less likely to be caught. I'd opt to make this corps all bow or all impact HC. or made the HC impact MC bow and stick with HC bow elite corps. This is a good bit a of firepower.

You see I dropped the units in corps 1 down to 8 even through general is now brilliant. You have 3 blocks Bow cav, impact cav and light cav. If you have spare points you can consider adding a 3rd LC or adding an MC bow cav.
I would probably buy a LI to add to Corps 1. Filler or something useful in a piece of rough that is bound to be nearby and a unit to add to ambush if needed when you defend.

Your 3rd Corp as it stood is too weak. It needs more MC bow cav at least. Your 3 Swordsmen and LI are good for something. But right now this is tremendously under utilized Corps. You can only take rough from something weak. and you only have 2 Cav shooters plus now 2 LC bow. So maybe take a heavy unit from 2nd Corps as well here. Leave 2nd Corps with 2 Heavy units and 2 LC. Now here you have something that can achieve something. If you have a good use drop one swordsmen to mediocre. Its still good enough to push around some enemy LI but it was always going to be risky against any serious MI force its likely to face.
Croaker9999
Frondeur

MessagePosté le: Mar Juin 26, 2018 9:21 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Dan -

Thanks for the input. So this leaves me 1 point over and at break point of 23. What would you consider the best option to be? I could drop a HCav Bow to MCav. Or is there something else that makes more sense.

Cmd1 85 pts
Brilliant Gen 6 pts
x3 HCav Bow 33 pts
X3 HCav Impact 30 pts
x2 LH Bow 12 pts
x1 LI javelin 4 pts

Cmd2 33 pts
Ordinary Inc Gen -3 pts
x2 Elite HCav Impact 24 pts
x2 LH Bow 12 pts

Cmd3 83 pts
Brilliant Gen 6 pts
x3 HCav Bow 33 pts
x1 MCav Bow 9 pts
x2 LH Bow 12 pts
x2 MI swordsmen 14 pts
x1 MI mediocre sword 5 pts
x1 LI javelin 4 pts

Dernière édition par Croaker9999 le Jeu Juin 28, 2018 7:23 am; édité 1 fois
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mar Juin 26, 2018 10:07 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I think drop an H Cav to M Cav is the answer in Corps 1.
That puts you at 199?
So what you do next is very must to taste. You may want to practice this at 199 and see.

Now things I would consider that are farther a field from your original mandate.

So you were keen for impact cav. you can have some on either flank or if Corps 2 is alongside corps 1, that put 5 next to each other. After you try this list I would consider a few things.

taking Corps 2 back down to 1 LC. This finishes converting it to a pretty pure attack down one flank role. or deploy in center and redeploy. It is pretty hard hitting

How do you get on with all shooty cav. you have 7 cav shooters and 6 LC shooters. Which is respectable. I would prefer 1 elite shoot in these two corps.

Do you need the 3 HC impact in Corps 1, or will two do? The answer very much depends on whom you are facing and how you are employing. Again that takes you a distance form you mandate.

I like the LI in Corps 1, but if you are not finding it useful in 3-4 games then drop it and use those points to elite up some HC.

The whole Swordsmen group is another thing to contemplate after you get some games in.
lionelrus
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mer Juin 27, 2018 7:17 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
fortified campmay be interressing, however...
Maverick2909
Légionaire

MessagePosté le: Mer Juin 27, 2018 7:51 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Alternatively you could keep the heavy cav and drop the LI Jav and replace with a Levy. I personally really like Levy troops. For 3 points they are quite powerful and can stand up to and even beat medium troops.
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mer Juin 27, 2018 10:00 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Maverick2909 a écrit:
Alternatively you could keep the heavy cav and drop the LI Jav and replace with a Levy. I personally really like Levy troops. For 3 points they are quite powerful and can stand up to and even beat medium troops.

That's asking a lot from unsupported unit.
Croaker9999
Frondeur

MessagePosté le: Jeu Juin 28, 2018 7:40 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I am giving thought to dropping the medium swordsmen @19 and using the points. I would be able to afford upgrades and offset break point loss w Li Bow or Levy.
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Jeu Juin 28, 2018 3:05 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I think that is a worthy consideration.

I have increasingly found levy marginal. I generally find it worth more to upgrade or buy LC than bulk above 22 units.

Dernière édition par Hazelbark le Jeu Juin 28, 2018 4:01 pm; édité 1 fois
ethan
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Jeu Juin 28, 2018 3:46 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I might go this way. The first corps is reasonably competent as a bow cavalry outfit, can contest terrain or use its relatively large size to get an advantage against better troops. Second corps is a straight forward solid bow cavalry corps able to skirmish, harrass, or otherwise make the enemy unhappy. The third/micro-corps is there to plus up some point so you can attack. Most of the time this is going to pair up on the outside flank of one of the other corps which turns a relatively even fight of bow cavalry against each other to a winner for the Khazar. You could also flank march with the third corp without badly damaging your army structure or element count. It is unfortunate that the only LMI Bowmen available are mediocre, replacing a M Sw with a Bowmen would be nice.

23 Units, +4

Brilliant CiC

1 Elite HC Bow
1 HC Bow
2 MC Bow
2 LC Bow
3 M Sw
2 LI Javelins

Sub Brilliant

2 Elite HC Bow
2 HC Bow
3 LC Bow
1 LI Bow

Sub Ordinary Included

1 Elite HC Impact
2 HC Impact
1 LC Bow

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Army lists
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: