Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
A complicated interpenetration during an evade move
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Auteur Message
Adrian Clarke
Gladiateur

MessagePosté le: Lun Mai 28, 2018 1:32 pm    Sujet du message: A complicated interpenetration during an evade move Répondre en citant
Hi chaps

We had a fiddly issue crop up in a game this w/e. My light cavalry was attempting to evade and had two friendly cavalry units behind it, each at slightly different angles to itself and each other. The first cavalry unit at least was in the light cavalry's ZOC (after the half turn to evade) and thus comprised a friendly obstacle, as it was not interpenetratable at it's current relative angle.

We played that the light cavalry could wheel the minimum amount to orientate and interpenetrate the first cavalry unit, rather than make a slide first. Was that correct?

That created a second problem, because the rear of the two friendly cavalry units was close enough to the first to prevent a clear interpenetration. We played that "in other cases" (p43 top of right column) the first friendly cavalry unit should displace towards the enemy to make room for the interpenetrating light cavalry unit. Was that correct?

That created a third problem, not because of any concern about the wayward light cavalry wheeling to interpenetrate the second friendly cavalry unit (see problem 1), but because Colin and I had by then experianced brain death due to thinking too hard on a hot day.

Was that correct?

BW to all

Adrian
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
daveallen
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Lun Mai 28, 2018 3:26 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
On this you need to read Page 38, Evade Procedure, para 3-Blocked evade move, 2nd bullet point.

The first cavalry unit is an obstacle to interpenetration so the evader first needs to slide up to 1 UD to give itself a clear 1 UD to evade into. Then it can make any necessary wheels to allow it to pass by or through either cavalry unit. See the diagram at the bottom of page 39.

On the second question I think the final paragraph on page 43, Interpenetration might apply - if there isn't enough space for the interpenetration it doesn't happen. Though I could be wrong on this.

Dave
Colin_Cavanagh
Légionaire

MessagePosté le: Mar Mai 29, 2018 5:32 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Just to clarify, the initial position was as follows

XXYY
YY
Ã
XXX
Where X are infantry and Y are cavalry. The single Y was the light cavalry. The pair of Ys behind are not aligned to the LC. The pair of Ys next to the Xs are again aligned differently. My HI charged his LC who choose to evade, we followed the evade sequence in the book and initially the light horse did a 1UD slide, it then did a slight wheel to align with the cavalry LH cavalry behind it and could then intepenatrate but the question then arose as to what happened next. It couldn't intepenatrate the 2nd row of cavalry as it wasn't aligned, it could change it's alignement as it was in the process of interpentrating the first row of cavalry. As Adrian ssid a tricky one

Please note: I cant get the Xs and a Ys to align in post but they were all positioned pretty much in a column
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Adresse AIM
daveallen
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Lun Juin 04, 2018 12:34 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
"A picture paints a thousand words."

I doubt anybody will be able to answer your queries without a diagram or photo.

Maybe we can go through it at Cry Havoc next weekend.

Dave

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: