Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
elephant and heavy foot group, minimum charge distance
Page 2 sur 3 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3  Suivante
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Auteur Message
lionelrus
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mer Avr 25, 2018 3:03 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
daveallen a écrit:
Hmm, I'd completely missed this rule. I'd taken "(see point 5)" to be a reference to just the distance adjustments.

So if a group of impetuous and non-impetuous units of the same type declare a group charge and the enemy evades then the entire charging group must go the full distance? Because there's no reason to break up the group, such as an intervening ZoC. 

Also, in the case if the elephant and HI group, or Cav and LH, might this increase the chances of catching the evaders?

Dave

Impetuous must go full distance, but non impetuous troop may choose to go shorter, breaking the group.

Imagine now a group of impetuous KN and no impetuous cavalry charging. The basic move of the group is 3, this of slowest troops. If pursuit roll is 5, Kn must do at 4UD move, and cavalry may stop after 2 UD, but can only made a 4 UD move as part of UD moving group.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
daveallen
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Mer Avr 25, 2018 4:11 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I think we're in agreement here Lionel. Mostly Cool

I'm still not sure of the justification for splitting a mixed group of Cv and Cv Impetuous during a charge. Just saying that's how it's done in France won't necessarily convince people outside France. Shocked

Dave
lionelrus
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mer Avr 25, 2018 4:48 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
But in France, we benefit from many year of Holly Words of EL KREATOR, and it's better speaking with god rather than his own saints!
madaxeman
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mer Avr 25, 2018 7:26 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
daveallen a écrit:
I think we're in agreement here Lionel. Mostly Cool

I'm still not sure of the justification for splitting a mixed group of Cv and Cv Impetuous during a charge. Just saying that's how it's done in France won't necessarily convince people outside France. Shocked
Dave

I'm sometimes convinced that you're actually secretly trying to bring back Barkerese as an official language .. Rolling Eyes
daveallen
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Mer Avr 25, 2018 9:42 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
You're too kind Tim Twisted Evil
Mike Bennett
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Mer Avr 25, 2018 10:16 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Hi Lionel

So please can I re-ask my original question. Can a charging elephant grouped between 2 pike move 1ud if the group rolls slow, moving as part of the group, or must it move 2ud, splitting from the pikes, or does it indeed roll sepperrate dice due to different spend

I think you said one adjustment roll, one group speed 2ud, so in this case all 3 move 2-1ud = 1ud if the single group rolls down
daveallen
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Jeu Avr 26, 2018 7:22 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
That's what he said and it seems reasonable.

There will be circumstances where mounted chargers making a variable move simply won't be able to move 2UD especially if it involves turning unmanoeuvrable units such as elephants, impetuous knights and cataphracts.

Dave
lionelrus
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Jeu Avr 26, 2018 5:20 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
daveallen a écrit:
That's what he said and it seems reasonable.

There will be circumstances where mounted chargers making a variable move simply won't be able to move 2UD especially if it involves turning unmanoeuvrable units such as elephants, impetuous knights and cataphracts.

Dave

correct.
Black Prince
Prétorien

MessagePosté le: Dim Avr 29, 2018 5:51 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Mike Bennett a écrit:
Hi Lionel

So please can I re-ask my original question. Can a charging elephant grouped between 2 pike move 1ud if the group rolls slow, moving as part of the group, or must it move 2ud, splitting from the pikes, or does it indeed roll sepperrate dice due to different spend

I think you said one adjustment roll, one group speed 2ud, so in this case all 3 move 2-1ud = 1ud if the single group rolls down

Mike, if a group consists of elephant (s) and pikes then you roll two variable movement dice one for the elephant and one for the pike. Providing the pike do not throw a 1 or 2 then they can still remain as a group at the end of move.
ethan
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Dim Avr 29, 2018 9:25 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Black Prince a écrit:
Mike Bennett a écrit:
Hi Lionel

Mike, if a group consists of elephant (s) and pikes then you roll two variable movement dice one for the elephant and one for the pike. Providing the pike do not throw a 1 or 2 then they can still remain as a group at the end of move.

^This
daveallen
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Lun Avr 30, 2018 9:50 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Where are you getting this from in the rules?

Dave
Black Prince
Prétorien

MessagePosté le: Lun Avr 30, 2018 10:57 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
page 40 7- charge movement for the adjusted movement distance it refers back to point 5 (pg39)- Adjusted movement distance it clearly states that a group that has units that have different movement distances are rolled as separate sub groups.
daveallen
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Mar Mai 01, 2018 7:17 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Black Prince a écrit:
page 40 7- charge movement for the adjusted movement distance it refers back to point 5 (pg39)- Adjusted movement distance it clearly states that a group that has units that have different movement distances are rolled as separate sub groups.

As I've pointed out at least twice above the reference to point 5 is only for the adjustment to move distance. It doesn't take the procedure for evaders and apply it to chargers.

To read it the way you are suggesting fundamentally alters the balance between evader and charger hugely in favour of the charger. See above also.

As lionelrus has said, the procedure is:

Evaders in a group roll for the group as a whole unless made up of units with different movement distance then they roll for each sub group.

Chargers charging as a group always roll as one group.

Dave
Black Prince
Prétorien

MessagePosté le: Mar Mai 01, 2018 8:57 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
It could be clearer in the rules though if that is the official ruling no problems. Though I do not understand the logic or the justification for allow evaders to roll as sub groups and charges to roll once.
daveallen
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Mar Mai 01, 2018 10:05 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
It could be clearer, true.

The justification seems to be that the active player has made a decision to move his units as a group and so dices for them as such. Whereas the reactive player gets no choice whether he moves them as one group or several.

Dave

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Page 2 sur 3 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3  Suivante
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: