Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
LI Charging a flank.
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Auteur Message
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mar Jan 23, 2018 8:44 pm    Sujet du message: LI Charging a flank. Répondre en citant
So a question was posed on the yahoo list that provoked a thought about LI

People are now throwing the LI into flanks of heavy units to cancel first round abilities. In the below situation the LI charges the flank of a unit in flank contact itself. I am not sure. But strictly speaking this LI move counts as a charge and not a move to support I believe therefore not permitted?

Citation:
A situation in a game where the flank attack on a flanking unit was by a LI javelin on the flank edge of a MI mixed bow unit which MI front edge was contacting the flank edge of pike unit which itself was in frontal contact with HI spear in combat.

Is this a legal contact by the LI on the flank of the MI?
LI
MI Pk
HI
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Zoltan
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Mer Jan 24, 2018 12:14 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Page 52. Contact restrictions paraphrased.
Some units are not intended to engage in melee and can only contact the enemy under certain conditions.

For instance, a LI can contact an enemy in open terrain to provide support.

LI can only charge an enemy if...the target is in rough or difficult going and...is penalised, or hit in the flank/rear...or disordered.

So in the Yahoo OP, if the MI was in the open, the LI can only move into a position to provide support to the pike. Whether we describe this as a charge or not is moot.

Page 56.
Attacked on the flank or rear.
A charge onto my flank by light troops does NOT reduced my basic factor to zero.
plefebvre
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mer Jan 24, 2018 5:28 pm    Sujet du message: Re: LI Charging a flank. Répondre en citant
Hazelbark a écrit:
So a question was posed on the yahoo list that provoked a thought about LI

People are now throwing the LI into flanks of heavy units to cancel first round abilities. In the below situation the LI charges the flank of a unit in flank contact itself. I am not sure. But strictly speaking this LI move counts as a charge and not a move to support I believe therefore not permitted?

Citation:
A situation in a game where the flank attack on a flanking unit was by a LI javelin on the flank edge of a MI mixed bow unit which MI front edge was contacting the flank edge of pike unit which itself was in frontal contact with HI spear in combat.

Is this a legal contact by the LI on the flank of the MI?
LI
MI Pk
HI

First i must check the situation to be sure i clearly understand it.

Pk and HI are engaged each other in a frontal melee.
MI is providing support to HI by attacking the flank of Pk
all the units are in open groound

If this situation is correct, LI can only give support to Pk against its opponent in melee ( that is to say HI) so the LI is not allowed to move into contact with MI (because it is providing support to HI against Pk). In other words you cannot provide support against a supporting unit. You must attack it by a charge, what is forbidden to LI in open ground against MI (but it could be against El, or LI)

see définitions of "melee" , "main unit "and "support" page 50

The technical board

"sic transit gloria mundi"
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Jeu Jan 25, 2018 5:46 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
C'est bon.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: