Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Getting started with ADLG
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Army lists
Auteur Message
highlandbevan
Gladiateur

MessagePosté le: Dim Déc 24, 2017 1:15 pm    Sujet du message: Getting started with ADLG Répondre en citant
I'm writing a series of short pieces on my blog of how to get started with ADLG cheaply using 28mm plastic figures. These articles are aimed at beginners to wargaming/ADLG who want to know how to pick up a cheap army without working through the rules and army lists, and to give people an idea how cheaply you can start gaming.

Here's my article on Barbarians:

"If plastic figures are made for one thing, it is getting the mass of barbarian horde armies at an affordable price. If you’re not too fussy (and I’m not), a single horde can represent Germans, Gauls, Britons, Galatians, and at a stretch Celtiberians and Goths.

The main contenders in this area are Warlord Games. £22 gets you a box of 40 warriors. At a reasonably spaced 4 to a double base, 3 boxes at £66 (There is a 3 box Germanic Warrior discount at £60) gets you the maximum 24 bases. With a judicious choice of figures, the leftovers can become skirmishers with javelins and (with a little sculpting) slings.

In practice you will probably want some cavalry as well. There are no boxes of purely plastic cavalry at the moment, but you can pick up some metals for about £20. Chariots also look fantastic but come in far more expensive.

Once again, while you’re waiting for an army to fight, your 200 point army can become 2 x 100 point armies for some tribal warfare, of which there was plenty."

Here are my notes so far:
https://thirtyyears15mm.wordpress.com/2017/12/11/60-classical-greek/
https://thirtyyears15mm.wordpress.com/2017/12/21/90-barbarian/
https://thirtyyears15mm.wordpress.com/2017/12/21/134-andalusian-arab/

If anyone has pictures of these models they would like to share I'd be happy to put some up on my blog.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
madaxeman
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Dim Déc 24, 2017 5:51 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Nice.

The new Gripping Beast plastic dark age cavalry “could†be earlier ones, with a bit of kit bashing. Or just a bit of squinting. Twisted Evil

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Army lists
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: