Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Evade Off Table
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Auteur Message
brothercrow
Barbare

MessagePosté le: Mer Nov 15, 2017 10:50 am    Sujet du message: Evade Off Table Répondre en citant
Just a quick question on off-table evades as the way we've been doing it is based on assumption....and we are quickly learning with these rules, never to assume!

If a General is attached to a unit that evades of table, does he go with them...we assume yes, which is based on page 24, under attaching a commander to a unit. It uses the words "in this case he moves or flees with the unit or the group"......we assume "flee" is really "evade"....

Is this correct?

As a follow up question, we assume therefor he is counted as a lost commander for the demoralisation points...yes?

Graeme,
Durham Wargames Group.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
madaxeman
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mer Nov 15, 2017 12:21 pm    Sujet du message: Re: Evade Off Table Répondre en citant
brothercrow a écrit:
Just a quick question on off-table evades as the way we've been doing it is based on assumption....and we are quickly learning with these rules, never to assume!

If a General is attached to a unit that evades of table, does he go with them...we assume yes, which is based on page 24, under attaching a commander to a unit. It uses the words "in this case he moves or flees with the unit or the group"......we assume "flee" is really "evade"....

Is this correct?

As a follow up question, we assume therefor he is counted as a lost commander for the demoralisation points...yes?

Graeme,
Durham Wargames Group.

I think its a combination of on p24 , bottom of first column

"when a commander is attached to a unit he stays with it until the end of the game turn.."

and p25 - 2nd paragraph.

"..if he is forced to move off table, the commander is removed and counts as lost"
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mer Nov 15, 2017 12:35 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
From the latest FAQ that can be found in the rules tab along with lots of useful stuff

Flight of a General
Q : Does a general, either included or attached to a unit, count towards the army demoralisation, if he should flee with the unit and then leave the table ?
A : No. The corps becomes leaderless but he’s not counted as a lost general.
brothercrow
Barbare

MessagePosté le: Mer Nov 15, 2017 12:43 pm    Sujet du message: Re Répondre en citant
Hmmm....we discounted page 25, as it was clearly in the "Commander in Melee" section so didn't think it applied...

Soooo, that lends another question...."he stays with it until the end of the game turn"....

...does game turn mean "pair of turns" so player 1 is more at risk of evading off table as he will still be attached to the unit (the game won't have reached the end of a turn), player 2 WILL be unattached in player ones charge phase, as there will have been the end of a turn....

Maybe it should read "player turn" rather than "game turn"....

Excuse the semantics, just trying to get it right...after about 20 games now, it is the only real thing we've struggled to clarify (once we finally figured out conforming after melee that is)...!

Graeme.
brothercrow
Barbare

MessagePosté le: Mer Nov 15, 2017 12:45 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Hi Rameses - yes, got that, but it is the word "flee" that is the issue...it is only used a couple of times during the rules, where it should probably read evade i guess!
madaxeman
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mer Nov 15, 2017 2:20 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I think the FAQ wins... Cool
brothercrow
Barbare

MessagePosté le: Mer Nov 15, 2017 2:35 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Well yes indeed - just needed to clarify that's how it was played - so, general with unit that evades and goes off table goes with the unit and is lost, but doesn't count as lost as far as points go.

Cheers folks, will catch some of you down at Warfare this weekend for my first tournament since jumping overboard from the FoG ship...!

Graeme,
Durham.
madaxeman
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mer Nov 15, 2017 7:19 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
brothercrow a écrit:
Well yes indeed - just needed to clarify that's how it was played - so, general with unit that evades and goes off table goes with the unit and is lost, but doesn't count as lost as far as points go.

Cheers folks, will catch some of you down at Warfare this weekend for my first tournament since jumping overboard from the FoG ship...!

Graeme,
Durham.

Its a really rare occurrence, but also you will find that anything like this gets cleared up pretty quickly by the technical committee, and added to the next FAQ in ADLG. No "waiting for Phil..." in this one!

44 for Warfare is pretty spectacular - I see a few of the other Durham folks ate still fogging though!
brothercrow
Barbare

MessagePosté le: Mer Nov 15, 2017 8:58 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Well, it was complicated....we had all decided to jump ship next year, so the two of them entered Warfare for a last FoG bash. I couldn't as I had a gig in Nottingham (I play in a band), which was then cancelled. FoG was was full, so I thought why not.....

We are all making the jump for next year, and are running a club competition from January....everyone plays everyone else over the year. There are about ten of us, of which at least five or six will be playing in national competitions.

Also, the Scottish mob have mainly jumped to ADLG, so there are two or three tournaments north of the border we go to, so it makes sense (Scottish Open, Schiltron and Alan Cutners tournament).

Have to say though, we are really enjoying it...breath of fresh air, and some of our club members that haven't played nationally for a while are now considering a return.

It will all start properly with me and Mal Gordon at the Scottish Open two weeks after Warfare, then after that, probably Burton where there should be at least six of us, followed by Schiltron!

Graeme,
Durham Wargames.
Luddite
Archer

MessagePosté le: Mer Nov 15, 2017 11:51 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Thanks for the clarification chaps.

It was my light horse that carried away the general. Carefully measure, figuring i'll never roll a 6 on the evade...

Lesson learned! Laughing

That said, despite this early setback I did mange to pull off a VERY narrow win in the end. frankly it was a draw, but the LAdlG scoring probably had it a 90-10 crushing!

Speaking as one of the DWG "club members that haven't played nationally for a while are now considering a return", yeah, really enjoying getting back on the horse with LAdlG.

Spent years on the DBM circuit, and when FoG killed it, i played that for 18 months, and then half way through a game I was just "that's it, i'm done with this ruleset". Finished the game and never played it again. Looking forwards to 2018 and thinking seriously about getting back into the tourney game with it.

Once you get your head around the imprecise translation, we've only really had a couple of struggles learning the rules (this being one of them).
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
madaxeman
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Jeu Nov 16, 2017 4:44 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Excellent stuff chaps - see you all at Burton!

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: