Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Light infantry displaced out of a ZOC
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Auteur Message
Glen
Barbare

MessagePosté le: Jeu Nov 09, 2017 10:59 pm    Sujet du message: Light infantry displaced out of a ZOC Répondre en citant
Firstly, thanks guys for the new FAQ, it is great to see such good feedback and communication between playing group and Authors, despite the language barriers.

On to my question. A light infantry javelinmen is out the front of his main battle line doing his job, i.e. harassing the enemy, he is within 1 UD of the enemy so counts as being in ZOC. Now the heavy units behind him move through and displace him to the heavy units rear.

He hasn't moved so if he wasn't in ZOC he would be free to move according to the FAQ, no problems there.

But he has started in ZOC and hasn't really complied with any of the ZOC rules, moving closer, aligning with the enemy, or in the case of lights going back a full move and facing the enemy.

Is this unit free to move?

I personally hope that he is not, there is something about being in ZOC that should confer a penalty on that unit. Did I miss it in the rules/FAQ? because I remember reading a post about it previously in these forums.

Cheers Glen.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Zoltan
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Ven Nov 10, 2017 9:48 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
If light infantry want to move backwards out of an enemy ZoC do they have to move their FULL movement distance, or can they move just enough to clear the enemy ZoC?

I seem to recall a previous post saying that the light infantry displacement did in fact count as a move, preventing the light infantry making any further move that turn.
Glen
Barbare

MessagePosté le: Ven Nov 10, 2017 10:08 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
IF the light infantry move.. it would be a full move backwards... no discussion on that one...

But I am just going off the new FAQ, which says it can move if displaced.. looking for clarification if this applies to ZOC or not.
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Sam Nov 11, 2017 12:33 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Several points here :-

- The diag at the foot of p34 explains that units may leave an enemy ZoC involuntarily.
- A unit only loses it's move if it is displaced by the conformation of a friend.
- There is nothing new in either the official amendments or FAQ about this.

So here, the LI get displaced the rear by the HI passing through them. If this results in the LI being moved out of the enemy ZoC, the LI is free to make a full move in any direction (CP permitting)
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Dim Nov 12, 2017 7:28 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Remember a ZOC does not last an entire turn. Only at the time of that unit's move effectively.

U 2

U is Zoc'ing 2. 1 charges U in flank. Now U is in melee and no longer has a ZOC. 2 Is free to move p 35.

So the same logic applies if an LI is no longer ZOC'd although it is a different situation.

Also p 53 specifically says a displacement may move a unit into or out of a zoc.
Glen
Barbare

MessagePosté le: Dim Nov 12, 2017 7:41 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
So in this instance a unit that is in Zoc, gets displaced to make room for say pikemen on a 40mm base. that would leave the Light Infantry at 1 UD and free to move.

Does being at 1 UD put it in Zoc or out of Zoc although I think the intervening unit in combat would block the zoc anyway.

Cheers Glen.
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Dim Nov 12, 2017 8:59 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Up near front it defines a ZOC as less than 1 UD I believe.
fdunadan
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Dim Nov 12, 2017 9:21 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Even if the unit is at less of 1 UD of the ennemy, the ZoC doesn't travel across ennemy units:

A12

if A face the right, and 1&2 face the left, all are LI, A doesn't ZoC 2 cause 1 blocks the ZoC

So if an heavier unit pass trough a LI and displace it , it will block the ZoC of the ennemy unit and the LI is no more ZoCed, so no restriction to move.
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Lun Nov 13, 2017 7:48 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Frequently the units are all aligned, or the unit become aligned through conformation after a charge, in which case ffdundan is correct to point out that ZoC would not apply across an enemy unit. (Using LI like this is one way to disengage a mounted unit with Impact that cannot otherwise move out of an enemy ZoC).

However, often units are displaced to one side or another, in which case the LI may still find themselves in the original ZoC if displaced by HI or mounted, or possibly they could be displaced into the ZoC of another enemy. . .

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: