Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Mixed Unit Base Depths
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Auteur Message
A4
Auxiliaire

MessagePosté le: Mer Oct 11, 2017 12:14 pm    Sujet du message: Mixed Unit Base Depths Répondre en citant
One of the good things about ADLG is the relaxed attitude it takes to base depths.

Most of us make mixed heavy units combining heavy spear with bow by (in 15mm) placing a 20mm deep rank of archers behind a 15mm deep rank of spearmen - making 35mm in total.

However, it was pointed out to me that combining of heavy spears with bowmen makes a heavy infantry unit, so ought ideally to be 30mm deep.

As I have some archers on 15mm deep bases left over from long defunct rules, I thought to do this if 30mm is right.

Is it?

Alan
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
madaxeman
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mer Oct 11, 2017 12:22 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
If you are unlucky enough to find anyone who cares either way, I think you will also quite easily find a long line of people at the same event who would be more than happy to assist them in leaving the building in a manner first pioneered by the Bohemian population of the current Czech capital towards the end of the historical period covered by the ADLG rules ....
fdunadan
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Mer Oct 11, 2017 12:34 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
without trowing anyone out of the Windows, the base depth does not bother: a mixt unit with first rank of HI and second of LMI will use one pack of HI and one of MI therefore being of mixed depth between that of a pure HI and pure MI unit.

if some quarter hair splitter is pissed of, off with his head! Evil or Very Mad
Maverick2909
Légionaire

MessagePosté le: Mer Oct 11, 2017 12:34 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Around our play group, we aren't picky what they look like or their base depth, what is most important is stated intent of the unit. But to echo what Madaxeman said, if your opponent is that picky they probably aren't the most ideal to be playing with.

I guess to ultimately answer your question though, I believe it's supposed to be 30mm base depth, however if it was me, I would do 2x 20mm base depths and have the first one be 4 figures of heavy guys. This way it translates to other game system and also lets you use the bowmen or the heavy troops as other units if you wish.

Hope this helps!

Stanton
Black Prince
Prétorien

MessagePosté le: Jeu Oct 12, 2017 4:33 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
It should not be an issue but if a situation occur where the base depth was critical then simple replace the bowmen base with a heavy base of the correct depth of 30mm. Once you have resolved the issue put the bowmen base back.

If that is a problem what about Pike bases if you are building a new army do you go 40mm deep or 45mm deep to be the same as player who has not rebased from earlier rule sets?
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Jeu Oct 12, 2017 11:10 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
As to pikes, for all game purposes they are treated as being on a base that is 4cm X 4cm. Where necessary, you can drop the rear base temporarily. (Check p8.)

The point is that the physical base depth does not matter for most game purposes (as others have already said). The intention is to avoid causing people to rebase their armies unnecessarily.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: