Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Conforming and/or Disengaging
Page 2 sur 2 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Auteur Message
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Jeu Sep 21, 2017 11:55 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Patrick, thinking about this again, when C conforms on B it will move into contact with the front edge of A, effectively putting A into melee, so I think my original answer was incorrect on that point.

Since we are not allowed to displace units when they are in melee, I think perhaps the conformation should stop at that point and the melee is fought with B and C slightly misaligned.
Assuming everyone survives, then at the start of Red's turn, C would be required to conform on B moving slightly to the right, finally aligning the units completely.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
daveallen
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Ven Sep 22, 2017 6:18 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
plefebvre a écrit:
Hello Dave

I am afraid i made a mistake when we played together this situation and i apologize . I think that B cannot desengage in any case. It must conform front to front with C. Be doing that, it contacts A . I must now check what A must do, what is not clear for the rule doesn't give a correct answer to this particular case.

No need for an apology, We were so focused on what happens to A we didn't think about the disengage rule. We both got it wrong. It was a good hard fought game, the best kind.

Dave
Dickstick
Légat

MessagePosté le: Ven Sep 22, 2017 8:18 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
P52
Conforming is mandatory.

Can someone expansion why it isn't when there is space to do so?
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Ven Sep 22, 2017 5:58 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Dickstick a écrit:
P52
Conforming is mandatory.

Can someone expansion why it isn't when there is space to do so?

I think they have slightly less space for a full conform. The picture has a subtle difference. But I am not sure.
Dickstick
Légat

MessagePosté le: Ven Sep 22, 2017 6:36 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Help me then because I see lots of space for B to conform to the right in the pursuit, so ending front left corner to front left corner contacts.
Ie a proper and legal " flank attack position ".
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Ven Sep 22, 2017 8:04 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Dickstick a écrit:
Help me then because I see lots of space for B to conform to the right in the pursuit, so ending front left corner to front left corner contacts.
Ie a proper and legal " flank attack position ".

ah well you don't conform when you pursue.
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Ven Sep 22, 2017 8:18 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I feel your pain and confusion. However as I said earlier, RAW conformation is mandatory - except when it isn't (after a melee and after pursuit).

I have raised this with the French technical board to try to resolve this confusion. Watch this space . . . . Smile
Dickstick
Légat

MessagePosté le: Sam Sep 23, 2017 6:38 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Show me where in the rules mandatory has an exception.

I would be called a c if I pulled that one on someone and cannot back it up.

How does a new reader of the rules find out?

Yours with scepticism
Richard
Dickstick
Légat

MessagePosté le: Sam Sep 23, 2017 2:17 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Still banging on here using RAW.
Official amendments p52 sub section conforming .

"After initial contact is made the player continues the movement :"
1st bullet point
"First by sliding the unit or group up to 1 UD in order to line up corner to corner with the enemy "
2nd sub-bullet point
"In the case of contacting a flank the alignment is made front corner to the enemy 's front corner"

Now I've gone to the effort of quoting rules exactly as written so one is not required to find them.

Show me where the above is not so please
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Sam Sep 23, 2017 3:41 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
P55, conforming after a melee, 3rd para
Citation:
Conforming like this is not compulsory except for impetuous units . . .

And

P62, pursuit, 5th para
Citation:
If the pursuit brings the unit into contact with a new enemy . . . combat will be resolved in the new round. A unit contacted on its flank or rear may conform.
Note,
1. There is mention here of the pursuer conforming.
2. The 'target' is given the option to conform before the first round of melee.

As I said, I agree with you that this is confusing, and I await some clarification from the Technical Board.

In part, we need to step back a little and realise that this is a game not a simulation, with rules that reflect an intended outcome. The rules are also relatively new, especially outside France.

The issue is the conflict that arises from fresh minds reading this version of the rules, and who draw a different, but no less legitimate, interpretation than those who are more familiar with the author and his intentions.
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Lun Sep 25, 2017 6:52 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Hazelbark a écrit:
Please read the FAQ on conforming.

Q : When can the units conform ?
A : Conformation can happen in 3 cases :
 Just after a charge, to align with the enemy.
 Just after a melee if a unit routs an opponent on its front and there is another opponent whose front is in contact with the unit’s flank or rear (as per p54). The conformation then replaces the pursuit.
 In the player’s turn mouvement phase, to align with an opponent already in contact (flank against flank, or corner against corner for instance). This is detailed on p55 (Conforming after a melee). The conformation then replaces the charge, which can’t take place because the units are already in contact.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Page 2 sur 2 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: